Sony KDL 40W5500 or Samsung LE 40B650

boof

Standard Member
I've got it down to either of these two LCDs ... Sony KDL 40W5500 or Samsung LE 40B650

Any pros or cons on these, the price is near enough the same. Just wondered if there is any tech or performance issues with either one

Thanks any advice appreciated

giangdarookie2

I've got it down to either of these two LCDs ... Sony KDL 40W5500 or Samsung LE 40B650

Any pros or cons on these, the price is near enough the same. Just wondered if there is any tech or performance issues with either one

they are on par, sony has a little bit better scaling, samsung has better SD deinterlacing.

black level on paper the samsung is abit better, but post calibration they are the same.

i think the sony has abit better sound.

but the samsung is sexy and the sony is ugly. i think u cant go wrong with either of these.

The samsung is about £50 cheeper:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

BUT the Sony has 3 year warranty as standard:

Mod Comment: price comparison site link removed

Cheers,
Jiff

Last edited by a moderator:
The free three-year warranty from Sony was a promotion that ran out at the end of September, so it's not standard any more.

EDIT: Except the Amazon website says it's running till 31 December! I'm confused now...

Apparently its been extended, most retailers are still offering it so that tells me that the amazon site is correct!
Cheers,
Jiff

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I also considered these two, but was put off the B650 by reports of very weak sound.
I have no intention of using an external sound source of any kind, ever.
So the built-in sound is paramount.
For that reason, it would have to be the Sony.
No-one says the Sony sound is great, but they say it's average.
Average is better than the B650's sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom