Sony Kdl-40w3000 Or Kdl-40w4000

abhigarg78

Standard Member
Hi Friends,

Thanks to all the moderators for managing this forum very well! It is a good source of information & answers of all queries from generous friends.

After reading the comments of the members I decided to buy KDL-40W3000 which match with all my needs. I do not play games hence I am looking for good pictures quality, relaibility to watch movies & day to day programs.

Few days ago Sony launched KDL-40W4000, which specs are good & some additional features like photo frame etc. But the Bravia engine degraded from Bravia Ex to Bravia 2. Now I am confuse what to buy give preference to Bravia Ex engine over Bravia 2 or if there is not much difference in terms of use then buy w4000.

1) KDL-40W3000 which has good review, cost is down to 1000£ with 5 year warrenty.

or

2) KDL-40W4000 which has features like movie mode, dollby sound, Photo frame but recently come in the market with no users or experts review, minimum cost is 1200£ with 5 year warrenty.

Thanks in advance for your quick & valuable reply

Cupart

I must be honest and say what is the point of all these "extras" and is it worth the GBP 200 which you most likely never will use. If you are going to use extra features then you should go for the 4000 instead of the 3000.

I'm still kicking myself for paying an extra GBP 200 (EUR 250) for features I NEVER use as these are run either via my Mac / PC and/or Receiver / PS3...

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I would definitely get the 40W4000.Its a real improvement dont worry about BE2.Also you can get for just £1025!!(including 5 year warranty)

abhigarg78

Standard Member
Thanks cuport & Chrisgeo for your suggestions.

You guys have any idea how Bravia 2 perform as compare to Bravia Ex ( which was in W3000)?

Chrisgeo you mentioned I can get w4000 in 1025 with 5 year warrenty. Where did you get this information? DO you know any website offering w4000 in 1025 with 5 year warrenty?

I also found people mentioned W3000 & 4000 is avg & Samsung 6 is better. Well I think about Samsung before but Judder problem in M87 ( which I want to buy) & bad reviews about samsung LCD I dropped the idea. But now Somebody post Samsung 6 series is better then Sony W3000 or 4000 is not digestable.

Well Chrigeo might have suggestion for good LCD in cost of 1000 ~ 1200 £ that I will use for watching movies or normal TV or connect my pc to work. I do not play games & do use it for any other purpose. Only lloking for good motion picture & reliability.

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
The £1025 price is from total digital.The BE2 is at least equal to BE EX in reality.Samsung 6 series are excellent but for now there are again some issues that must be fixed.If you are lucky though the 6 series is just an excellent tv.Both are excellent tv's

abhigarg78

Standard Member
Thanks Chrisgeo for your suggestions!

Regarding total digital I found a very bad reviews on price runner. It might not have done with every customer but still there are few. But I will check if some good company will do price match with total digital. Here is the link for total digital. Read it before placing any order ( This is not my personal review, I found it during googling)

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/retailer/11350/reviews

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
I havent seen these reviews so thanks for posting them.I think you will find someone to price match when the big retailers get stock though

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom