Sony KDL-40W2000 or another

KingBaka

Hi guys after much deliberation i thought i had come to my final decsion and decided to purchase the sony KDL-40W2000.I am aware that there are clouding issus with it, but i know i can get a replacement if need be.

My question is there any other LCD that is better for the same money
Is there a samsung or panasonic that is better value and why?

Thanks in advance guys

BosjeR

Standard Member
I came to the same conclusion, but can I ask how come you're so sure you'll be able to replace the set if need be? I'm trying to determine that by getting an overview of people that needed to return a W2000 and what shops had no issues with doing that for 'clouding'.

Silver Serpent

I came to the same conclusion, but can I ask how come you're so sure you'll be able to replace the set if need be? I'm trying to determine that by getting an overview of people that needed to return a W2000 and what shops had no issues with doing that for 'clouding'.

If you are buying a W, then it is best to buy locally and ask beforehand can you return it if you have a cloud problem.

In my opinion it would be too much hastle buying one online from distance when the chances are the sun will not come out for you.

KingBaka

I have asked a few dealers like john lewis and they had no exception to me returning faulty goods.I am still cautoius about buying this set because i am not sure if any samsungs are better at the moment, plus i have been told that hdmi 1.3 is around the corner.

Is there another machine that some can recommend to me as i am going to go out tommorrow and purchase the sony unless told otherwise

Thanks

KingBaka

I have just seen the sony 40W2000 in the flesh and i must say i was not that impresssed.The design of the tv looks so dated.

I also saw the sharp LC4xd1Eand was very impresssed by the way it looks

I also asked about the new samsung M8, some shops had them in stock but none on display, limited amount coming into the country

Would any of you guys get the sharp over the sony and why?

Has anybody seen or used the new samsung m8 and can u confirm that it is just as good or better then the sony or sharp

Thanks guys

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom