Sony KDL-40W2000... oh dear - a false start

woodstock

Standard Member
Picked our new 40W up from JL today, and have been trying it out.
I have to admit we didn't spot this at first (maybe we missed it - or maybe it developed), but have spotted a bit of a fault:
456915348_698da6fb88.jpg

It appears as though there is a line of dead pixels about 18mm long on the set... has anyone else had this?

Needless to say, i'll be phoning up JL tomorrow to sort out a replacement...

Oh well, a bit of a false start to our LCD ownership

[*edit to add - that's not really bad clouding - just reflection of my shiny camera in the tele!]

rbj

If i decide to buy this set im going to get it from John Lewis, There customer support on my last TV i had to take back 4 times was excellent, I can't rate them enough.

gorpat

Standard Member
I also had the same fault on mine just before Christmas. This appeared about two weeks after purchase and covered the full height of the screen. I contacted Sony and they admitted it was a fault and could not be repaired. They advised me to contact the:lesson: local Sony agents or send it back to the retailer. Regretably I disposed of the packing (A foolish mistake) so I contacted their agent and claimed under the warranty. The panel had to be replaced and this came from Barcelona I believe and took about six weeks to be finally returned. Having said all that the results are stunning but the obvious lesson is to return the set to the supplier.

woodstock

Standard Member
I also had the same fault on mine just before Christmas. This appeared about two weeks after purchase and covered the full height of the screen. I contacted Sony and they admitted it was a fault and could not be repaired. They advised me to contact the:lesson: local Sony agents or send it back to the retailer. Regretably I disposed of the packing (A foolish mistake) so I contacted their agent and claimed under the warranty. The panel had to be replaced and this came from Barcelona I believe and took about six weeks to be finally returned. Having said all that the results are stunning but the obvious lesson is to return the set to the supplier.

Blimey - a whole column is pretty pants! Maybe mine did develope then - and it'd only get bigger by the sounds of it. This set was a Feb 07 set, so pretty recent.

Tele is now back with JL, handy to take photos as it saves getting the set out the box again ;).
Attempt two will commence next Thursday! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom