• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL-40V4000 picture quality

Super_Tanker101

Standard Member
Hi guys. I have posted this message on an older thread but unfortunately I never got a response, hence I decided to start a new thread. I have been reading complaints and responses about the Sony v4000. I am new here and please pardon me for my not-so-perfect English and please be lenient on me regarding abbreviations.

I recently bought the KDL-40V4000 LCD TV at PC World, but I am not satisfied with its performance. I use it on SD and DVD with a Sony DAV-DZ280 home cinema system, but the picture quality I am getting is far below than I expected from a Sony device. It is very blurry, and while larger pictures are better, smaller ones are the worst. Lots of smearing, and pixels even show at times. I have to admit that I just watch freeview channels using a small aerial, no Sky or Virgin, hence this may be the root of the problem, but as for DVD I thought there would be no problem since I think it has nothing to do with signal reception, more so that I am using a Sony home cinema with an HDMI cable, but the DVD is even worse than the SD picture.

When I bought this TV, it wasn’t showing the best picture in store, but the guy convinced me by playing a blu-ray DVD with it. I was kind of desperate since I missed out on this TV end of last year, hence I settled for this one on display since it was the last one, but I am on the brink of returning it and getting a refund now. Please help me guys, or recommend some genuine sites where I can buy the same, or any 40" Sony. Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for this long post.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom