Sony KDL-40v3000 picture problems

marinemitch

Standard Member
Looking for some assistance with this one as it is now just out of 5 year warranty, Typical.

while watching a dvd the other evening, have previously been very busy so not watched a lot of tv, i felt that the screen was not as bright as it has been so i tried to re calibrate the picture with an optimizer on one of my pixar bluray disks.
this proved rather difficult as i was unable to adjust the brightness or contrast to a sufficient level to see the test screen displays.
Further to this when i was going through the test screens the previous image was "burned in" on the subsequent screen. this is also apparent to a lesser degree while watching tv and then viewing the program guide.

I have trawled the internet for solutions which range from engineer mode fixes to total stripdown flourecent tube replacement.

On the engineer mode there is a item called "ageing mode" can anyone tell me what this will do if i switch it on and if i do will my remote still operate my tv?

Funny one this but i can supply links to pages for reference if required.

Is there any engineers that can explain which service settings can be safely altered by lesser mortals.

Many thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom