sony KDL-40U2000 blinks 6 times

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by zacazoom, Jun 15, 2009.

1. zacazoom

zacazoom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just wondered if someone could help, my tv will not switch on, it flashes 6 times, after an extensive search I though it may be a possibilty it could be the thermal fuse , however I have been told this make and model it will be a IIC error, but could not get anymore info than that. Could I just buy a second hand board from ebay, what board not exactly sure and fit this. Do most sony boards fit each other for example another 40 inch sony tv, like the kdl40u4000 power supply board , would this work in my tv, assuming this is what I need, or am I completely wrong as a whole.

Thank you in advance

2. sila1999

sila1999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Your assumption is correct in that 6 blinks indicates that it is an I2C fault. getting parts from Ebay wont realy help you as you would need to find the exact replacments for each board and systematically change each one till the fault went away.
    My suggestion woruld be take it to your local Sony repairer and get him to take a look as they would have the necessary tools to plug into the Tv to identify the fault.

3. zacazoom

zacazoom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks for the information