sony kdl 40T2800

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by alhambra2, Jan 13, 2008.

1. alhambra2

alhambra2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone got one of these or seen a review. haven't managed to find anything in any other threads. mainly i watch SD Freeview and family DVDs.

2. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Its a 40S3000 derivative model and exclusive to DSG group,the model is pretty good

3. Dunkyboy1

Dunkyboy1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got one of these yesterday, and all was well untill watching match of the day and the picture became very poor.:confused:
    The picture was fuzzy and almost unwatchable, with the constantly moving players,it seemed the tv couldn't keep up.

Played a dvd movie and all is well.
    Plugged the ariel lead straight into the tv, and the picture is perfect.:D
    Where i live there is only a digital signal, so we only get freeview channels through the old ariel.
    The problem seems to be the Daewoo hard drive recorder (i think), the incoming ariel lead goes into it first, then out to the tv.
    The tv performs perfectly, but now i don't know how or what we're going to do to record programes:suicide:.
    Got the tv from currys for £750

4. alhambra2

alhambra2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

5. jdp1962

jdp1962

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Has anyone else bought one of these? If so, what are your experiences? I'm interested in buying one as my main TV, and would be feeding it Sky HD and DVD via a Panasonic EX85. It looks like a good entry point to 40 inch viewing from Sony.

6. zu11y

zu11y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    im gna get one two any one experianced this with a pc as i will be using as a monitor and for watchin hd movies as well as ps3 games/ blueray movies

7. Armchairfan

Armchairfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased this model last month via Comet at the 'shunt and dunt' clearance place, cost me £600. Picture was fine in shop however this was with morning TV being displayed.

Watched first football match a few days later and as previously posted the picture is terrible via Sky+ box, despite trying hunderds of different settings. I purchased expensive (£20) scart leads to no avail.
    Having just watched racing from Cheltenham yesterday again was struggling to identify horses when having to watch races on Racing UK, not as bad on Channel 4 signal via freeview. I wish I had done my research more.

- however :

Does anyone know of settings which may work or alternative cables which will optimise signal?
    Does this same problem exist when watching fast moving sports via HD box?

Or do I need to hope for a few winners, buy a new TV, and stick this one on ebay?

Thanks