Sony KDL-40P2530 does not recognize xbox 360 HDMI output

P

P D1LLY

Hi All,

been having this problem, when I connect my NTSC xbox 360 elite to the Sony Bravia TV mentioned in the subject line, it will not recognize the hdmi signal. The display will remain black, however, it flickers for a moment, as if it is getting some signal...however, no picture, no sound.

Component works just fine, however, I only have one input for that, which I would like to use for my Wii console.

I bought the TV in Germany, but I don't think the PAL region should be the problem, it recognizes the NTSC component signal from my PS2 and Xbox 360.

Any ideas, maybe some settings on the TV itself I haven't found? (in the menu, a switch, etc...)

Thank you very much!

Phil:lease:

When the consoles booting up hold the Right Trigger+ Y . It should reset the video settings and you **should** get a picture .

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your answer.

However, it does not seem to be working for me.

Here is what I did:

I set the TV on the HDMI channel, then turned on the console using the xbox live button on the contoller while already holding down the Y button as well as the Right Trigger button. I held this down about a minute, but the screen remained black.

weird thing, when I then left the console turned on and connected the component cable, then switched to the regular AV channel, the console, even though it had been turned on all along, showed me the start up logo, as if it had just then been turned on.

I tried the resetting the video thing while the component was connected also, nothing happened at all, should there be some kind of visual feedback and I am doing it wrong?

btw, I did remove all games from the drive before start-up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom