• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony KDL-40EX724 3D picture Quality

nigelstinton

Standard Member
I bought my Sony KDL-40EX724 Freeview TV in March 2010 and did not buy the 3D glasses at the time because they were about £80 each. Just a few months ago I first bought some cheap active 3D glasses and was not impressed with the 3D picture quality. So I then bought a pair of Sony TDG-BR250 glasses, and the picture quality on these was just as bad as the other glasses. Anything in the background of the picture is displayed as a double image and the picture is un-watchable.

I contacted Sony Support and they had me reset the TV to Factory defaults and update the firmware and check a few settings , but none of this made any difference. I expected them at this point to send an engineer around to fix it as it has a 5 year guarantee. But they just said that they were aware that this model does not produce quality 3D pictures and they are not willing to do anything about it. I am astonished that a company like Sony can act like this, I was sold this TV as a 3D compatible TV but it clearly is not. I now have over £60 worth of 3D glasses which are useless.

Have any other owners of this model had similar problems, If so can we possibly approach Sony as a disgruntled group?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom