Sony KDL-40EX723 or Samsung UE40D6530

stayingsafe

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant decide between the two. Traditionally i've always gone for Sony products, prefer their styling, build, menu etc..

However the Sony 3D TV's or their higher end models are beyond what i'm willing to spend, so looked at the Samsung which seems to offer everything more for your money. Any thoughts?

I, like you, am a lover of Sony. Although I do try to convince myself that it is usually the logical choice. I agree with you though, in that price range I would go for the Samsung. More bang for the buck and the EX range is quite plane looking as well.

Reviews here

Sony EX723 (KDL- 37EX723) 37 Inch 3D LED LCD TV Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

Sony KDL40EX723/ KDL32EX723 (EX723) 3D LED LCD TV Review

Samsung UE40D6530/ UE32D6530 (D6530) 3D LED TV Review

Also look in the owners threads in the main LCD section. There is some issue with the 3D on the Samsung 6 series - have a read

And of course go to a good retailer for demos (Sony centre good to start for the Sony)

Depending on your viewing environment and uses, look at the Panasonic plasmas, 42ST30 is a bargain and the higher specced 42GT30

Samsung shiney glossy reflective screen, Sony matt non reflective screen.

That for me made the choice easy.

Paid £2300 for a Sony 52W4000 3 years ago, just bought a 55EX723 for £1000 and it blows the old W4000 out of the water for picture quality and black levels. Just shows how technology has moved on.
Not tried 3D yet and not really bothered about 3D but if you are then try before you buy as the EX723 hasn't had outstanding reviews for 3D.

Cheers
Lee

I have been looking at the current Sony, Samsung and Panasonic 32 and 37 inch screen too.
I was all set to get the Samsung UE32D6530 but then read quite a few threads saying that there were motion processing problems with the Sammy which meant that things like fast sports or other fast action images were not good and had ghosting, stuttering, etc. That obviously put me off and now swayed to the Sony but not bought yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom