Sony KDL-40/46/52 V4000 Series 1080P(BE2,33.000:1 CONTRAST)

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new 2008 mid range sony V4000 Full HD.It has everything to be the 2008 best seller absolutely.It comes in 40",46",52" and the prices are expected at an excellent level.They are going to land in june 2008.

FULL SPECS

1080p Full HD
BRAVIA ENGINE 2
BRAVIA Sync
24p True Cinema
Theatre Mode
178 degree viewing angle
Integrated DVB-C/DVB-T TV tuner*
HDMI input x3
SCART x2
Swivel
Dynamic Contrast Ratio 33,000:1

Press release
http://www.sony-europe.com/res/attachment/file/19/1209376199119.pdf

I dont get sony whats the difference with this the E series and the W series?

All the specs are the same, as you saw on my other thread im looking for a 40", so is the W4000 the best out of the other two or is V or E better thanks

What are the differences between this and the W4000?

Does it have a 10bit panel?

At least the bezel is nicer thtan the cheap looking one on the V3000

The V4000 looses WCG-CCFL backlight(Live Colour Creation),10bit panel,xv colour,USB picture frame vs the W4000

I dont get sony whats the difference with this the E series and the W series?

All the specs are the same, as you saw on my other thread im looking for a 40", so is the W4000 the best out of the other two or is V or E better thanks

E series are equal to W4000.These two are better than V4000.Differencies to my above post

The V4000 looses WCG-CCFL backlight(Live Colour Creation),10bit panel,xv colour,USB picture frame vs the W4000
Should be at a very inexpensive price so! Looks like Samsungs 5 series will have some serious competition

yeah this is model that aims to destoy the A5 series.On specs the contrast is the same as W4000,so if the actual is the same the main advantage will be the blacks

So are these going to be released early, mid or late June? and is there a rough idea of price?

Hmm I would say mid june likely.Well from what I expect MSRP around 1k(maybe little less) and the lowest price to be around £700-£750.Thats for the 40".I would say around £1400 for the 46" MSRP,cheapest little above 1k and the 52" at £1700 MSRP and around £1400 cheapest

Yeah all europe will get the V4500 series as well,but fully distributed not sony centre exclusive.I have created the thread for them as well...

off topic but damn, long time since i posted.

as much as i hate to be one of the last people to have bought a very good tv that isnt hull HD, the D3000, i am very happy aesthetically, because i really dont like the glossy look of the newer ones.

when is this one on the market, because i just ordered a v3000 for my mom, for 900 euros

It comes within june more likely mid with end june,and at the same price of V3000

It comes within june more likely mid with end june,and at the same price of V3000

ah i see. my mom can't wait any longer since Euro starts in 2 days.

Does the V4000 share the same sound system as the W4000?

Yeah looks like the same.

@newbie1980:Do you live in germany?Maybe a pop to MM if the first order is going to arrive this week?

Yeah looks like the same.

@newbie1980:Do you live in germany?Maybe a pop to MM if the first order is going to arrive this week?

no, i live in england but my mom lives in germany. been to my local media markt and they only have the x3000 at the moment.

slightly off topic, but has anyone got experience with hd tv via satellite?

Hey for your mum if you are interested redcoon has stock at the 1299E(MSRP though)

as things are now with the prices just get the 40W4000,if you wait little though the 40V4000 will come down

"Availability: IN STOCK

EXPECTED 16th JUNE"

So NOT in stock then. Not yet anyway. Obviously not far off now but definately not worth paying £200 over the expected online price

So these models are meant to be £700 then?

Last edited:
we are approching the end of june, but the tv is still going for £800+. I hope it comes down to £700 or below by mid-july.

I am confident that very soon the price will drop,the first bunch must have arrived as ED dropped the price to £800 already

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom