SONY KDL-37v4500: why not?

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Shot, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Shot

Shot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i'm going to buy this one instead of the 37V5500 (i still use mostly SD and PS.. just a little dvd and PS3). I've searched the forumthread but i was'nt able to find if anyone of you ever experienced motion blur, ghosting or smearing problems with this model to justify the v5500 choice.
    Can you please tell me something about that!

Best regards from Italy :hiya:

2. Shot

Shot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No news?

3. Shot

Shot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not?
    Just because it seems none knows anything about this? :)

4. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Lots of threads here that mention it

Home Cinema and Audio Visual Home Consumer Electronics Forums - bigg - Search Results for 37V4500

It is an old model, the 37" screens not as good as the 32s and 40s from the last gen (I don't know if that still holds true with the 5500 series), that said the 4500 got good press. However, plenty of owners do seem to have smearing with Sonys, then plenty don't! All LCD TVs seem to have some issue or another

If you want to avoid motion issues and don't play games for hours on end, consider the Panasonic 37" plasma (37X10) :)

5. Mickus

Mickus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    I don't think the 37V4500 was officially released here in the UK - we had the 'P' & 'S' series last year. Probably explains your lack of responses regarding that model.

I've had the 37V5500 for a week now and I've seen no evidence of smearing, ghosting when gaming. SD is better than my old TV and that's all I know on the subjet.

As the previous poster has stated, if SD is your main viewing choice and motion handling/smearing are your upmost priorities, then consider a Plasma.

6. Shot

Shot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read about the plasma you're talking about... but i don't really whant to use zoom or other stuff like this to avoid 3:4 black stripes retentions on the side of the tv. That's why i decided for the last sony hd-ready still available (v4500)... but if you say that v5500 isn't too bad whith SD sorces may be i could thing for a full-hd.