Sony KDL-37P3020

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by robbie red, Jan 15, 2008.

1. robbie red

robbie red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me if the stand which is supplied with this telly is a swivel stand? On looking at the Sony website it would appear that it isn't, does anyone know for certain if it is or not? Also, regarding the tv's position on the stand, what is the measurement from the front of the stand to the actual set itself?

Many thanks guys if you can be of assistance.

2. robbie red

robbie red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No ideas? The reason I ask is because my daughter has a severe eyesight problem so it is important to me that the telly can be swivelled to suit her seating position when she is in the room with us. My query re the size of the stand is in relation to my own seating position, at present I have a 32" crt and am considering best positioning of a 37" lcd telly in relation to the distance from tv to seat. Hope that makes sense!!! Cheers.

3. Jacksparrer

Jacksparrer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Robbie Red

Have just bought this TV. the stand is fixed,so it wont swivel.
    I sit about 6ft from screen and the picture is superb even on freeview.:smashin:

JS

4. robbie red

robbie red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you jacksparrer. So difficult to make a decision on what to buy. So much information out there. I do have the Sony earmarked as one of my choices. A little tinkering with the furniture should sort out the tellys' final position.

jacksparrer, I'd be using the tv for sd only (Sky and dvd along with the inbuilt Freeview), have you noticed anything negative with the pictures (especially on fast moving objects)? I like the Sony cos of the sets overall size and the connections are just what I need.

Many thanks again mate.

5. Jacksparrer

Jacksparrer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have Sky so cant tell you what picture is like.My communal aerial has just been upgraded to digital and the picture is excellent even when i watch in analogue.

Have watched 4 footy matches and snooker and there was no blurring at all.

The only prob i have at the moment is the DVD playback it aint all that,but the reason is i am only playing them on a £15.00 dvd player:suicide: so i am certainly going to upgrade ASAP.

All in all the Sony is a bloody good buy for £500.00 or thereabouts. Try Comet they will pricematch,but its gotta be a shop within a 10mile radius of the store and they must have it in stock. Good Luck

JS

6. robbie red

robbie red

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you jacksparrer. Sounds like a damn good telly. Good luck mate.

7. mark1000

mark1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +863