Sony KDL 37EX403 - Streaming Issue

jon tickle

Standard Member
I am having a problem with my new Sony tv which streams iplayer, five youtube etc as well as video on my pc in a very blocky pixelated way, almost as if it has been rendered for archaic dialup access.

The tv connects via a wired powerline adapter not the wifi dongle which i dont have and it displays pictures just fine and music streams without a hitch, But video is pig ugly.

It cant be my wired connection as the same system displays the same video perfectly through the ps3 on the same tv. Plug it back into the tv and your back to blocky pixelation. The like of iplayer are unwatchable through it.

I have installed the latest update to the tv but this hasnt helped so i guess i am hoping someone knows a setting for the tv which will make it render streamed video as nature intended or at least advise me where i am going wrong?

doth2009

Standard Member
hi, just wondering if you managed to find a fix for the problems you were having as I have exactly the same problem with my freeview hd channels, they're all blocky/scrambled.. thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom