Sony KDL 32W653 / KDL 32W654

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by VHS, Aug 22, 2013.

1. VHS

VHS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wonder if anyone can advise me of the features and functionally of the DVB-T tuner in the KDL 32W65* model from Sony

Is is possible to tune just to a selected transmitter (I live in an area of 3 transmitter overlaps and its a right pain!):rolleyes:

Also can you hide channels

And change the channel order

If hiding channels and changing the channel order worked like the old Sony VTX-D800U Freeview Set-top box that would be superb!

Thanking in advance

VHS

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Ianpb

Ianpb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found that it is possible to select different transmitters, but only after the set-up stage when it gathers in all the channels. At that point you are given the choice. I did look to find if this can be done at a later stage but couldn't find any facility for that.

I live at the western edge of Greater London, and found that after tuning I had a choice of three transmitters. Strangely, the London selection had weak signal strength, so I had to retune and then selected the 'Berkshire' option, which works well. So maybe you will have a similar experience with deceptive names.

I also found that the channels detected from the transmitters I rejected are saved to higher channel numbers.