• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony KDL-32V5500 VS KDL32W5500

vipaldo

Standard Member
Hi, Im really intested in buying one of these tv's and have found them for £570 (V5500) and £640 (W5500). My real question is, is the 100hz and 20k more contrast worth the extra £70.

Does 100hz really make the images noticibly better. I've been trying to decide on this for ages and can never find a W5500 on display to check.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

lugonn

Standard Member
I too was considering these two tvs. I found the reviews on this site very helpful (editorial section - hardware reviews). I was also able to view both tellys in the shops but the way shops set them up it was hard to see a difference. In the end I went for the 32V5500 and am very happy with the picture, its amazing even when watching SD broadcasts, better than my old Sony 26S2000 which also had an excellent SD picture. I think whichever one you buy you'll be happy but I think that without having them side by side at home and set up correctly for your living room it will be hard to make a subjective judgement about whether the £70 cost difference makes a £70 difference in picture quality.

Da Philster

Does 100hz really make the images noticibly better. I've been trying to decide on this for ages and can never find a W5500 on display to check.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there having had the two side by side for a 40 min dem with sky hd and blu-ray curtesy of a pioneer xo8 player here are my findings.

At 32" the motion flow is less noticable vs a 40" or above,however i would say overall its still is a worthwhile investment, as i would imagine you will have the set for a few years, so if say you keep it 3.5 years then you are only adding £20 per year.

I would turn the motion flow down or on standard no higher unless you like a surreal almost sick feeling when watching every day content/gaming.

Hope that helps you anyway.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom