Sony KDL-32V2000U and KDL-40V2000U thread (new V-Series)

Wobag said:
A couple of questions...

So only the S series and not the V has the light sensor? Seems an odd choice, nice feature, why only put it on a lesser model?

The 26" S series doesnt have the S-PVA screen, but theres no mention on the Sony website of the 26" V series lacking it. This kind of puts pay to the talk on the S series thread that Sony dont make them at this size... or contrary to appearances does the 26" V lack it too?
Are you sure the 26" S doesn't have S-PVA? The Sony website says it does:

HD Ready Bravia 26" S series LCD television features S-PVA panel and Sony high resolution image processors, plus integrated Digital tuner (Freeview), HDMI input, PC input and slim compact design. Available from Easter 2006.

As Lyris has said, there is no 26" V anymore, which really annoys me, as there was one with last years' sets, and I'd prefer not to have a 32" TV, as it's a bit too big for my room, imo.

andrewfee said:
Are you sure the 26" S doesn't have S-PVA? The Sony website says it does:

As Lyris has said, there is no 26" V anymore, which really annoys me, as there was one with last years' sets, and I'd prefer not to have a 32" TV, as it's a bit too big for my room, imo.

I think that was an error, or at least earlier posts on another thread seem to suggest that. If you watch the Bravia 2006 presentation, it states that the S range has the S-PVA*

*from sizes 32" up.

Thanks for the help, I obviously got my wires crossed. Im really stuck now. The 32V is well beyond what I want to spend, but I think its the combination of the CCFL backlight and the SPVA screen that was finally wooing me away from my quality CRT.

I think I read about Sharp introducing a similar backlight technology on upcoming sets, anyone confirm?

The future in LCD backlight technology is LEDs. LG-Philips and Samsung-Sony are both working on panels with multi colored LEDs as backlight. When the development is finished the first products will be introduced to the market.

See this article for more:

http://www.engadget.com/tag/triluminos/

Just come back from the Local Sony Shop, I had popped in for a computer monitor but could not resist asking for the delivery of my new v40. I was told that some ( a number less than 5) were being sent on Thursday - Yes this Thursday and it could be in store for Friday collection.

Having seen this thread I changed my order form old V series to new 2000V.
Now I get to officially join the crowd of slavering technophiles who check this thread on an hourly basis :eek:

I want mine NOW!

join the club still not long to go now i phoned the local sony shop and he said they would be getting them in 2nd week in may

Hi, my first post, just in the time when I have to decide which Sony I have to buy....

My question is, if the new V-series (40´´) really improve the old one. Difference in Spain between old and new is aprox. 420GBP....

If new V is really better than old one, I´ll buy V2000, so... what to do? do the 420GBP+ really represents a big evolution?

Many thanks

Greetings from Spain

Hi,

Do you know something about the fluidity of these models. Cause i've read a review which points the fact that the 32-v2000 lacks fluidity, especially in low travellings (better in hd). Also, they said the aliasing was recurrent.

Apart from these bad points, very good review.

Sorry, i can't, it's a paper review i read in a shop. But otherwise, the review was pretty good ; in fact, i wonder if there's lcd's who don't encounter fluidity issues. Perhaps Sharp and Phillips, from what i've read.

Oh, and btw, i recieve my 40v2000 tomorrow (i live in france) !

The fluidity thing is always a tradeoff. I've seen demo's of the juddering things on many different TV's. I think it's a Philips demo where a plane is flying though a city with high buildings. The juddering is very noticable on some tv's. I wonder how the Sony's will handle this.

You're right about Sharp and Philips not having these juddering issues. However, they also lack sharpness in comparison to the Toshiba that was standing next to it. When you see the juddering on the Tosh next to a Sharp without juddering, you're really starting to doubt which TV to go for though. I'm sure that when you have a Tosh in your home without the Sharp next to it, you won't even notice it that much. At least that's what I keep telling myself!

Unfortunately there weren't any new Sony models around to compare them..

With all the issues I've had with my Philips 37PF9986, the dealer has agreed to take it back part exchange against another set. I've been very unhappy with Philips after care service and would thus not buy Philips again. My dealer does Samsung, Sony, and Philips. So it's been a bit of a no brainer to go for a 40V2000 in it's place. I've seen the old V's running HD content in JL, and thought it looked good, so hopefully I'm not going to end up feeling like I've made a mistake.

Trymon, can you post us a review when you get it to tide us over until Lyris does his review.

Please, pretty please, with honey on the top. :lease:

Hi am new to this thread dont know if this has been asked before but here goes....im looking to buy the 40" Sony Bravia KDL40V2000U model....just got the one problem with it - that it has only 1 x HDMI connection - most other competitors have 2. Is it just Sony being tight? Or wont we need 2 HDMI connections for quite some time yet?

2 HDMIs will be needed to get the most out of HD-DVD/Blu-Ray and HDTV. So having 2 is definitely a good idea.

I know what you mean, however for some reason im just drawn to this Sony purely for its looks (even when its off!). the looks superb. What other alternatives, for around this size are there?

I am new to the forum, I to am thinking of getting a new lcd, but it is getting far too confusing, i saw the old V and i couldnt beleive the quality. Now the new v is due i really want one but since then i have been reading up and i feel 2 HDMIs is a must so i have been put off a little, then people say you should wait for a 1080p to come out, I feel it just never stops. i have also considered the Tosh 42wlt66 it does full HD had 2 HDMIs but can it be any good as it seems very cheep. Does anyone recoment any others i dont want to spend any more than £2200

Lyris said:
2 HDMIs will be needed to get the most out of HD-DVD/Blu-Ray and HDTV. So having 2 is definitely a good idea.
Sony always certainly seem to be behind on the inputs on their sets, but in my opinion, the image quality makes up for it. If I remember correctly though, HDMI is supposed to be daisy-chainable, just like SCART was, so hopefully as more devices are released with it, we won't actually need more than one input.

I'm certain that the prices of switch boxes will be falling drastically in the next year or so.

The switch boxes aint that much now so hopefully the more and more companies that make them the price will drop. Im most probably going to order my new sony tommorow, the image quality has won me over more than anything. Do John Lewis do pricematches againt companies on the Internet or is it just the main stores?

Yep, I'm the same... frustrated at the out of date connectivity but going with it for the picture quality and potential black level.

I know what you mean, however for some reason im just drawn to this Sony purely for its looks (even when its off!). the looks superb. What other alternatives, for around this size are there?
If looks swing it that much for you, check out the new Toshiba "REGZA" LCDs. Their design is border-line plagiarism of the Sony V-Series (not that I mind, the more nice looking TVs the better)!

So if i go for the KDL-32V2000 SONY... with ONE hdmi connection ...
Assume this connects to the Sky+ High Deff box that i will have ?
Yes you have guessed im not a teckie....

Not intending to have a vcr but will my old dvd player work and how will it connect?
I wont have any other connections .
Are there any diagrams for connecting various equipment online ? Be very useful for us silver thickies
cheers

It depends on the DVD player. You need to check to see if it does progressive scan, and if so, through which output it does it.

As mine does it through component only, so that would be the connection of choice.

Sorry too teckie for me.. progresive scan ?
IF another connection can be used would it be a scart ???

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom