Sony KDL 32U3000 vs the Xbox

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by dowders9, Jan 4, 2012.

1. dowders9

dowders9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello AVForums, hoping you can help me out. (Apologies if this is in the wrong section)

I've searched and searched all over the web and this site for fixes, and either I've found nothing, or nothing I've found has worked so I've joined up in the hope I can sort it.

Recently moved back into my place at uni and brought my Xbox360 up from home with the intention of using it as a DVD player as well as catching up on some gaming. Back home it's been plugged into an 27" LG with both HDMI and component at different times with no issues.

Now the TV in the house is a Sony Bravia KDL 32U3000 from '07, according to the Sony site it's HD Ready & can support 480p & 576p/i right up to 1080i. Unfortunately as the place is furnished I can't just sell the TV and get a new one

Enough background, onto the problem at hand; I plug the xbox in with the Microsoft HD component cable (red green blue etc) and turn it on to see a blank screen, think it might be something wrong with the box so try the SD cabling (yellow white red) and see that it's fine. I try with an HDMI cable and I get the message "Out of Range" flick up on the TV.

Now I've tried every resolution setting and both 50hz and 60hz to no avail, tried power cycling and tried the Xbox trick of holding Y and the right trigger on startup and nothing. What makes it even stranger is the previous flatmate had his PS3 hooked in via HDMI and it worked perfectly!

So please please please. Any ideas at all? I'm assuming from what I've read it's a handshake issue but is there any way to solve it?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  2. uncleclives

uncleclives

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +798
    If all else fails you could always try the Xbox VGA cable...

3. dowders9

dowders9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't even aware that existed! So thankyou for future reference.

Weirdest miracle just occurred though. I thought as a real stab in the dark that the component inputs might be labelled wrong, so I fiddled around with the order of them, and all of a sudden I was getting sound but no picture, which is an improvement on the zilch I had before. So I then fiddled again, putting them back into their correctly labelled ports and bam, everything worked! :eek:

Still no idea what was causing the issue, but it's now fixed so I'm happy!

Moral of the story; if it doesn't work, try another hole :D