• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDL-32U300 ghosting/distortion fault - advice?

Marvelman

Novice Member
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I'm pretty sure I'm posting in the right place but if not, feel free to move me on!

Basically, my Sony KDL-32U300 has recently developed a fault that is making it pretty unwatchable. The symptoms are severe ghosting and colour distortion. From a bit of research I tried to carry out online with my limited knowledge, the 't con board' may be the issue, but I understand this is a difficult repair with hard to obtain parts, at least for a domestic customer.

I have attached a few pics that show the ghosting and colour issues in the hope that someone on AVF can help me to diagnose the issue. As you can see, the Sky EPG menus hang around for a little while, almost 'fading' away gradually. In the BBC news shot you can see the ghost-image of the studio as the picture cut to the weather reporter. Also, the colours are really messed up, with quite a darkness overall.

I would be looking to get the set repaired by a local trader, as long as it made economical sense that is. However, I would really appreciate some advice from people in the know, so any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Photo May 11, 13 27 48.jpg
    Photo May 11, 13 27 48.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo May 11, 13 27 56.jpg
    Photo May 11, 13 27 56.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Photo May 11, 13 28 31.jpg
    Photo May 11, 13 28 31.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 259

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom