Sony KDL-32S2000 Panasonic TX-32LXD60 Toshiba 32WL66, little help?

Haze

Novice Member
I ordered myself a 32WL66 about two weeks ago and was looking forward to getting it but unfortunately the order had to be canceled so now I am back to the agonising decision of what LCD TV to buy. The Tosh is so hard to get in Ireland that finding another website that sells it (and will ship here) is a real chore. My second choice was the Panasonic TX-32XD60 and I was all set to buy that but things have been further complicated by a major price drop on the Sony KDL-32S2000.

The Panasonic I have seen, I even convinced someone in the shop to hook up the HD feed they were feeding the Samsungs, the picture was very good, motion glided along the screen without a hint of blur. Blacks were deep and convincing. The colours however did seems a bit flat and I was not that impressed with the screens viewing angles.

The Tosh I have obviously not seen so I am going on nothing but reputation on this one.

As for the Sony I have seen this in the same shop as the Pana but I never took much notice of it for two reasons. 1) It was out of my price range 2)It was displaying without a doubt the worst picture in the shop, horribly dark and muddy. Of course this means nothing could be a bad signal could be set-up wrong or the panel may be faulty (picture is that bad)

I would be using my TV for HD gaming (Xbox 360) SD gaming (the Rest) watching SD TV and eventually upscaled DVDs.

So I ask, what would be your advice to me on this? Should I go for the Pana? Should I stick it out and get the Tosh? Is the Sony worth the extra 100 euro?

Thanks.

Monk888

Novice Member
order of preference

1) Sony (Best picture quality)
2) Panasonic (better blacks than Tosh, but no quite in the Sony League)
3) Toshiba, good middle of the range LCD

If you asked a yaer ago Sony would have been 2 or 3, how thiings have changed.

All, I say again, all magazines rate the Sony above al else, if the cost difference in mininal buy the Sony

Haze

Novice Member
mikepaul said:
order of preference

1) Sony (Best picture quality)
2) Panasonic (better blacks than Tosh, but no quite in the Sony League)
3) Toshiba, good middle of the range LCD

If you asked a yaer ago Sony would have been 2 or 3, how thiings have changed.

All, I say again, all magazines rate the Sony above al else, if the cost difference in mininal buy the Sony
It is very minimal now, its exactly 100 euro more than the Pana and I can afford that. Is it a good performer on SD and gaming?

Haze

Novice Member
Heres a big question does the Sony have Analogue Text memory!? I can't find any mention of it in any description. I would not want to go back to the old days of waiting for each subpage to load!

Haze

Novice Member
Thanks.

Still I would like some opinions of people who have had first hand experience however.

Haze

Novice Member
Just thought I should ask, is the Sony the only one of these that cannot change aspect ratio when in HD?

Haze

Novice Member
I know my question must be getting annoying but I have been saving to buy a HDTV for some time now and I am terrified of buying something I will regret. I am honestly finding it quite stressfully.

Cant it at least be said that no matter which one of these I go for I will be getting a good set?