Sony KDL 32EX402 Digital question

mikseymono

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

Just bought one of these as my old beast, Sony WEGA, literally blew up just before the football last week!

Now, picture is very good through old sky plus box via scart. I intend to pull the plug on the Sky as I can't afford to spend that sort of money on all the channels I don't ever watch. I shall buy a Humax FOXSAT to replace.

I also have, owing to me being in France, a separate TNT sat box, via satellite dish, that plugs into my new Sony via scart.

Thing is I bought this set as I THOUGHT it had built in TNT. It says it is integral, though only has an aerial lead in at the back.

Can I just plug the coax lead straight into the TV through the aerial socket?

Or, is this only for TNT through an aerial?

Any thoughts, helpful comments gratefully received.

Cheers,

M

It will only work for TNT though an aerial but it will get the HD content in France too. TNT is basically TV Numerique Terrestre (Digital Terrestrial TV). TNTSat is a service offering the channels by satellite and the 402 does not have a satellite tuner. TNTSat is also encrypted so even with a satellite tuner you would need a CAM and smartcard inserted to do the decoding.

Thanks josephlord!

Had this confirmed yesterday when I spoke to the guy who sold it to me in Carrefour.

I have a dish for my current French TNT that goes into a Strong satellite receiver. Just thought I could get away with another box under the telly! Guess I could, but then I would have to install an aerial! Already got two dishes on the house.....It's always something......

Other than that, picture quality is really good, despite being fed by old sky plus box, soon to be fed by Humax Foxsat, which should be better through HDMI etc.

Cheers,

M

I am also interested to buy SONY KDL-32EX402.
What do you think, tere is a better option in this budget ?

In the UK if you stretch to the KDL-32EX403 you get Freeview HD and Bravia Internet Video. Outside the UK you need to go to the KDL32EX500 to get Bravia Internet Video which would be a bigger price jump but it is a better TV with Motionflow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom