SONY KDL 32CX523 Network Connection Problem

Marlow

Novice Member
Hello,

For some reason our Sony TV is not connecting to our home network I have looked at the router and it does not appear there. I have tried resetting the network connection both on Auto and Manual but it won't connect. I have checked the IP address, Sub Mask and Gateway but still no luck.

I am not a technical person, so if there is anyone out there who can help please be patient with me..............

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from someone.

Morden

Hello,

For some reason our Sony TV is not connecting to our home network I have looked at the router and it does not appear there. I have tried resetting the network connection both on Auto and Manual but it won't connect. I have checked the IP address, Sub Mask and Gateway but still no luck.

I am not a technical person, so if there is anyone out there who can help please be patient with me..............

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from someone.

Hi, you never said if you are usinga wired or wireless connection.

If possible try testing on a wired connection as this rules out any issues with WiFi signal or interference.

Then try the following ..
Have you restarted the router, tv and any switches you have on your home network?
Do other devices connect to router ok?
Try another network cable on your tv if using a cable or test cable on another device.
Try doing a factory reset on tv if its definitely the tv that is the issue .

Marlow

Novice Member
Hi, you never said if you are usinga wired or wireless connection.

If possible try testing on a wired connection as this rules out any issues with WiFi signal or interference.

Then try the following ..
Have you restarted the router, tv and any switches you have on your home network?
Do other devices connect to router ok?
Try another network cable on your tv if using a cable or test cable on another device.
Try doing a factory reset on tv if its definitely the tv that is the issue .
Hello Morde

Many thanks for your reply.

It is and always been a wired connection and I use a Solwise plug with two ether ports. It has been working ok. I have done everything you have mentioned, and yes we did get a new router last year.
I have tried it on my Panasonic recorder and the same thing happens. When I do an AUTO connect the IPS address is completely different from the router's . So I have tried to do it manually but whilst it says the wired connection is good it fails to connect to the local network. Funnily, we have another Panasonic recorder upstairs and it works perfectly. I am at a total loss.

I am not an expert to log on to the router and play around in there.

Thank you again for your response.

ps I can't do a factory reset on the Panasonic as I will lose all my recordings.

Morden

Hello Morde

Many thanks for your reply.

It is and always been a wired connection and I use a Solwise plug with two ether ports. It has been working ok. I have done everything you have mentioned, and yes we did get a new router last year.
I have tried it on my Panasonic recorder and the same thing happens. When I do an AUTO connect the IPS address is completely different from the router's . So I have tried to do it manually but whilst it says the wired connection is good it fails to connect to the local network. Funnily, we have another Panasonic recorder upstairs and it works perfectly. I am at a total loss.

I am not an expert to log on to the router and play around in there.

Thank you again for your response.

ps I can't do a factory reset on the Panasonic as I will lose all my recordings.

If its doing it on 2 devices must be a network issue.

Can you rule out the plug, by running a long cable directly to the tv from router?
Or move the panasonic recorder closer to router and plugin directly.

Or try resetting the plug, I'm guessing its similar to a powerline plug.

Last edited:

Marlow

Novice Member
Hello again,

Actually I did try and reset the homeplug but was not doing it properly.

After your posting I read the instructions and it worked!

Thank you!

Best wishes

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom