Quantcast

Sony KDL-26U2000U/Sony KDL-26S2010U

suni

Standard Member
KDL-26Sanything are all the same on the inside - just the colour of the case is different.

KDL-26U is a different model which I've never seen yet. Apparently it's going to be priced below the S.

suni

Standard Member
I thought no 26" tv [s or u] had a s-pva panel? so wouldnt these two tvs be very similar? the price difference isnt much either

Yeah, that's right, no S-PVA panels below 32", like Andrew said. I'd like to see one for myself to see what the differences will be.

andrewfee

Novice Member
For 26" there's not going to be much between them from the looks of things. However we don't know what the processing is going to be like. As it's now a 1-chip solution (I believe) it may actually be cheaper for Sony to put the same into all their televisions (bar the X series) so the U series could have the same level of processing as the rest but it could also be a cut-down version of the BRAVIA Engine for all we know.

Considering how cheap the S series is now (around what the U series RRP is supposed to be if I remember correctly) I would definitely go for an S, although things might change a few months from now once the U series price has dropped.

I'm pretty sure the specs on that site for the U series are wrong too - I remember it being on one of the European Sony sites (I forget which now) and there was definitely something missing connectivity-wise on the U series. (that site makes it look like the U has more)