Sony KDL-26T3000 Owners and Optimum Settings Thread

digiori

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just bought this TV set today and must say i am very pleased with it in some areas while not quite so much in others. I have it connected to SkyHD via HDMI and the HD content looks great as you would expect, but its the SD stuff from Sky that lets it down, i have only had it set-uo for an hour so am still fiddling with the settings, maybe i will be able to improve it. It was really bright out of the box but i think they generally are set this way for showrooms.
I thought i would see if anyone had had posted any settings on here and as it seems they havent ive set up this thread. If anyone has this TV and wants to post their settings this is the place, mine are as follows, (for now, still messing)

Backlight 3
Contrast 75
Brightness 55
Colour 52
Sharpness 12
Colour Tone Cool
Noise Red. Med ( not sure if this does anything with digital input)
Adv Contrast Ench. Off seems better for SD, on for HD

Still doesnt look that great on the SD channels, be grateful for any feedback from anyone with the set.

Craig

Hey ,
Is This Better Than The 26S3000..?
Peace :p
Rhys

Yep it has better panel

S-PVA Samsung panel vs TN panel,deeper blacks better viewing angles

Ive been messing all night with the settings and still cant get a decent picture on sky sd. I had a better picture with my old KDL-26s2010 which this new one has replaced!
Is there anyone out-there with this Tv that can help with settings?

Does anyone even have this set??

Set Sky-HD box to up-sample SD channels. Then apply the following:

Backlight: 5
Contrast: 80-88
Brightness: 50
Colour: 45-50
Sharpness: Min
Colour Tone: Natural
Noise Red: Off
Adv Contrast Ench: Off (it's a dynamic backlight controller btw).

Also, turn on energy saving.

PS: Set Sky-HD to 720p.

Just bought this TV set today and must say i am very pleased with it in some areas while not quite so much in others. I have it connected to SkyHD via HDMI and the HD content looks great as you would expect, but its the SD stuff from Sky that lets it down, i have only had it set-uo for an hour so am still fiddling with the settings, maybe i will be able to improve it. It was really bright out of the box but i think they generally are set this way for showrooms.
I thought i would see if anyone had had posted any settings on here and as it seems they havent ive set up this thread. If anyone has this TV and wants to post their settings this is the place, mine are as follows, (for now, still messing)

Backlight 3
Contrast 75
Brightness 55
Colour 52
Sharpness 12
Colour Tone Cool
Noise Red. Med ( not sure if this does anything with digital input)
Adv Contrast Ench. Off seems better for SD, on for HD

Still doesnt look that great on the SD channels, be grateful for any feedback from anyone with the set.

Craig

I don't have it yet but it's at the top of my list. Could you possibly try out the built in Freeview and see what that's like? I don't have Sky and I can't find any opinions on the Freeview.

Ta

Has anyone got anything to add to this thread? I'll be getting this LCD next week. :D

Just brought one of these and need to know settings for the best pic and sound quality
if you have one please post your settings

Same here. Set mine up yesterday and very pleased with it, but I always like to do a bit of tweaking! :rotfl:

just like to bump this thread, i've also just bought one of these sets and would like to know what peoples best settings are for xbox 360. is there a game mode on this set? i just see "video" or "Text" options.

also would you set the xbox 360 to 720p, 1080i, or "optimal" settings

Has anyone seen this damn TV anywhere in store in London?

Hopefully, my set is due for delivery tomorrow..

Seems like a bit of tweaking is neccessary so gonna get my hands on a calibration dvd and the ole blue glasses.

I'll report back once I've had a tweak :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom