SONY KDL-26S2010 - few quick questions before getting it

soil

Standard Member
Reaction score
ok, im gunna be getting the rest of the money i need for it next week so just woundering a few things:

will i be able to plug it up to my PC using VGA and watch HD movies 1080i or/and 760p (pc side of it isnt a problem)
i have only realy seen sites saying that the HDMI thing is HDready which confused me...

anyway what r ur thorts on the TV is it 1 of the best 26" and in that price range (£650) or is there anything else i should look into before going for it?

i hope working all summer for this is worth it :rolleyes: got nothing else inmind to spend the money on :D not even old enuff to drive :(

will i be able to plug it up to my PC using VGA and watch HD movies 1080i or/and 760p (pc side of it isnt a problem)
>Not over VGA, using a 1:1 pixel mapping of 1360*768 will look sharper anyway

>if you want to use 1080i or 720p then you will have to use the HDMI connection.

>

anyway what r ur thorts on the TV is it 1 of the best 26" and in that price range (£650) or is there anything else i should look into before going for it?
>Get the Sony :)

:rolleyes: would there be any point in me getting a DVI to HDMI cable then? (graphics cards got 2 DVI ports anyways) its also got component does the sony take HD on that?

also i noticed on a few new TVs when new shows/films come on the TV seems to p*ss about with the aspect ratio, like say the films 4:3 and the TVs 16:9 it would just stick black marks down the side... which sucks as that means i would lose a few inches on the screen. would anything like this happen watching stuff on the TV (freeview/normal tv not DVDs)
current tv down stairs loses an inch at the top and bottom when some 16:9 shows come on BBC1.

oh and will i get a 1 year manufactory warranty with it? or could that depend on where i get it from? iv noticed some sites say 1 year free then for 2 years or 3 years its like £100+ extra.

1 year is standard with sony, anything more u pay for. JohnLewis is 5 years but more expensive.

I got JL to price match mine with empire direct at £698. Also now getting £100 refund from Sony/SKY because installed HD fro Sky as well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom