• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDFE50A12U Help please Pulsing

jay61076

Established Member
Hi I have had my Sony KDFE50A12U for almost 20mths now and it's a great TV but over the last month I've had issues with the screen pulsing or flickering more so on light programs or screen,

Well it got that bad sent it off for repair ( 5yr warranty) they saw the problem at my home and thought it was the lamp but after 2 weeks in there shop they couldn't confirm the fault and returned it to us.

All was well for about an hour then the flickering returned I've tried other inputs such as DVD and the freeview as I thought it might be a fault with our HD box but it's now getting far worse

I still think there is something serious possibly the iris control but changing the settings does nothing

Can anyone help ..... Please

jay61076

Established Member
Anyone?

jay61076

Established Member
well its still going on it seems to have good spells and bad spells but mainly bad ( mostly on light screens)

I'm thinking it could be the lamp?

Shirley Eugeste

Standard Member
I had pretty much the same thing with mine, but I also noticed the picture was a lot darker/poor colours as well.

Anyway I picked up a lamp on ebay and sure enough everything was back to normal - bright picture and no flickering.

My lamp was roughly 18 months old, but the TV gets above average usage.

I would think it's the lamp. They do have a limited life expectancy.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom