Sony Kdfe50a12

PCNut3r

First off I'm sorry if this has already been answered already, which it probably has due to the amount of posts that have already been submitted about this set.

Basically I have been looking at getting a new TV, currently I have a Toshiba 42inch rear projection and was looking at getting an LCD around 42inch, which tbh they are quite expensive.

However after spotting SONY KDFE50A12 I cant believe the price and the size:eek:

All I want to know is how these lcd rear projection TVs fair against full LCD TVs and plasmas i.e is there quite a lot of quality difference or not a lot in it, I just know that once I buy it my brother in-law will go out and buy a plasma/LCD and it will pee all over mine hehe.

On a serious note I just want to make sure its money well spent because once I buy the Sony I wont be able to get another TV for a long time, another reason for buying is for my Xbox 360 which is currently in the back room on a standard 32inch TV (obviously not telling my wife about this reason :D ).

Cheers.

bagatanmd

i own this set and a plasma tv. pq wise plasma has a slight advantage in this regard but for the money and the screen size this tv is superb.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
The number of posts/threads on the subject of this TV - few of which (as Moderator I've read pretty much all of them) have anything significantly negative to say - should tell you something.

There are subtle and subjective differences between the image created by all different technologies and some people do have a marked preference for one over another. Ultimately I'd assess this TV as extremely good value.

T

TurquoiseShark

I moved from a Toshiba 42” to the Sony 50”, also using a 360 with it. No regrets whatsoever, the PQ is significantly better than the Tosh, Upscaled DVD through HDMI looks incredible. Playing the 360 on this set really shows it off, Call Of Duty 2 and PGR in particular. Sky through RGB scart is pin sharp.

One slight complaint if any (and it is minor) I had to really fiddle with the settings to get the black looking right – but that’s it! I wondered what the catch was with this set taking into account the price and size. There isn’t one. Must say I don’t like the new stand, much prefer the corner stand, but each to his own.

C

chipsaway

+1 here. I've had mine about a month or so, and it's incredible value for money.
Pull the trigger, You won't regret it. :smashin:

N

nismo786

Had mine for 4 months Now and it is Awasome. I am very impressed with it, for the price it is the best TV you can buy. Although I am more insterested in Sony's :thumbsup: SXRD one now.

Bat-man

I had to really fiddle with the settings to get the black looking right

So, what's yer settings then chuck? :)

M

M3Lee

gkinghrn said:
c'mon spill the beans...:lease: ;)

I have only found one way to get the set to produce a good black level and thats by pressing the OFF switch! :smashin:

Cheers

Lee

Bat-man

M3Lee said:
I have only found one way to get the set to produce a good black level and thats by pressing the OFF switch! :smashin:

Cheers

Lee

Naughty, naughty. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom