• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony KDFE50A12 owners

avinitski

very tempted to get one of these just a couple of questions please.

how is this a RPTV? i though all LCD`s were flat screen with thin screens?

im presuming this does not require replacement bulbs?

what is the picture from SKY like? i have seen a few lcds but the picture has been very blocky!?! i put this down to lower resolution sets though i think?

whats it like with HDTV content and xbox360 output?

thanks in advance

avinitski

thanks for that great contribution.

ive searched many threads and none answer my questions directly. People like you expect others to sit through hundreds of questions and non-answers. At least now you know never to enter this thread again. You bothered to reply with 0 contribution to a thread, well done.

M

Marvin02

Hi M8

Got one of these sets and overall i am very impressed with it.
Bulb life is anything from 1 year upwards, depending obviously on use.
picture from Sky+ is good as well, obviously depending on the source channel, weak transponders give weak pictures, which turn out very blocky, this isn't the televisions fault.
picture from xbox 360 is the bees balls
Hidef is very good, streaming from xbox 360, so i can only assume that Sky Hd is going to be just as good when it appears.
Picture is at it's best when viewed in a dim/dark room
Overall it's a good set, so Go for it.

neilmcl

avinitski said:
very tempted to get one of these just a couple of questions please.

im presuming this does not require replacement bulbs?

what is the picture from SKY like? i have seen a few lcds but the picture has been very blocky!?! i put this down to lower resolution sets though i think?

whats it like with HDTV content and xbox360 output?

thanks in advance
Rear Projection TVs come in different flavours; CRT, DLP and LCD. An LCD rear-pro is not the same as a flat panel direct view LCD screen, hence the different forums. You'll need to search this forum regarding this particular model, there are loads of threads regarding the Sony which should have all the info regarding it that you'll need.

Bat-man

Yes, as stated above, the picture 'source' is LCD. I got confused as the LCD forum was just about flat panel direct view sets and the moderators kindly actioned my request to change the name of that forum to Direct View LCD Televisions. :smashin: Thanks moderators.

neilmcl

Bat-man said:
Yes, as stated above, the picture 'source' is LCD. I got confused as the LCD forum was just about flat panel direct view sets and the moderators kindly actioned my request to change the name of that forum to Direct View LCD Televisions. :smashin: Thanks moderators.
So it was you, Thanks a lot :thumbsdow ;)

Bat-man

neilmcl said:
So it was you, Thanks a lot :thumbsdow ;)

Yikes - I've 'outed' myself. ;)

pmj_172

Standard Member
Hi just ordered 1 today from JL matched Total digital 1099+del.:thumbsup: Coming Friday.

Can any of you nice chaps tell me if the VGA input accepts HD. Looking at inputing the DVD via Component and the 360 on VGA if poss.

Thanks.

happeemonkee

Standard Member
pmj_172 said:
Hi just ordered 1 today from JL matched Total digital 1099+del.:thumbsup: Coming Friday.

Can any of you nice chaps tell me if the VGA input accepts HD. Looking at inputing the DVD via Component and the 360 on VGA if poss.

Thanks.

Hi mate. Can you tell me which JL store matched the Total Digital deal? JL in Liverpool wouldn't do it for me...:(

Cheers

Tony H

pmj_172

Standard Member
Hi Monkee
It was JL Liverpool. Theres alot of talk about what JL will and won't match; to me it comes down to the person you speak to.:mad:

I also got a JL match on H. Prestons Panny PX60 plasma at 1750 with Ped but decided the Sony was a better option.:smashin:

Anyway I'm straying; Could someone please let me know about the VGA imput, cheers:lease:

happeemonkee

Standard Member
pmj_172 said:
Hi Monkee
It was JL Liverpool. Theres alot of talk about what JL will and won't match; to me it comes down to the person you speak to.:mad:

I also got a JL match on H. Prestons Panny PX60 plasma at 1750 with Ped but decided the Sony was a better option.:smashin:

Anyway I'm straying; Could someone please let me know about the VGA imput, cheers:lease:

Thanks mate. Might give them another go.

gkinghrn

pmj_172 said:
Hi Monkee

Can't see how it'd be Hi-Def..it's just normal VGA and your PC looks crap on it...it's too big for 1020 x 780i - It doesn't have digital-video in like you get with , for instance the Eizo's panels if thats what you mean..I think it's still Analog in on that VGA port..

Great Telly!

pmj_172

Standard Member
gkinghrn said:
Can't see how it'd be Hi-Def..it's just normal VGA and your PC looks crap on it...it's too big for 1020 x 780i - It doesn't have digital-video in like you get with , for instance the Eizo's panels if thats what you mean..I think it's still Analog in on that VGA port..

Great Telly!

Thanks, I'll just go down the comonent switcher route then. :smashin:

sitalchauhan

pmj_172 said:
Thanks, I'll just go down the comonent switcher route then. :smashin:

I am quite sure that the TV can accept high definition through component, HDMI AND VGA.

However, people are complaining on the picture quality though VGA on this tv, so I would avoid using it if you can.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom