Sony KDFE50A12 John Lewis Guarantee bulb ??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by fusion1296, Mar 18, 2006.

1. fusion1296

fusion1296
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi all, thinking of buying the above tele from John lewis in the next few weeks , i decided i liked the 5 year guarantee , anyone know of a five year guarantee for less that £1395 ??

also i asked if it covered the bulb and was told no ,i guess it would in the first 12 months as that would be seen as a fault but not after that as it would be ware and tear , is that everyone elses view on the john lewis guarantee ???

i also asked about the stand , i would like the new rectangle one but they couldnt say which i would get , anyone got one form JL in the last few weeks and if so which stand did you get ???

thanks Andy :)

2. Danbo

Danbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Got mine from JL Kingston this week. £1299. I got the corner stand with it which I think is the Su-rg11M. Thankfully thats the one I wanted! I think you're right about the guarantee. As far as Im aware no one guarantees the bulb. You cant beat 5 yrs though!

Excellent Tv.

3. fusion1296

fusion1296
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Danbo , thanks for your reply , i would prefer the rectange stand but the corner one will do .

its a shame that the lamp isnt covered especially as there are a few post about lamps not lasting 2 long ( not necassarly the sony) dont want to have to buy 2 many at £200 - £300 a go .

do JL stores have different prices in different stores ??? guess they do , would be good to get it as cheap as poss , wonder what the best way to find out what the prices are at each store and do they price match ??

thanks for your help :)

4. Danbo

Danbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You will be able to get it at the same price from any JL. They do price match so if you find it elsewhere cheaper then they will match it as long as its the in store price.

5. fusion1296

fusion1296
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks Danbo just got to work out now where it is the cheapest

6. M3Lee

M3Lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. arfster

arfster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    You can buy them direct from China. In 6 months, ebay will be flooded with them as people make bulk buys and sell them from the UK, and prices will drop to £100 or so.