1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony KDFE50A12 help

Discussion in 'TVs' started by inovermyhead, Sep 24, 2005.

1. inovermyhead

inovermyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello im new so im still a little green, so plz bare with me! i am looking to buy the tv mentioned above the only info i have on it

Grand WEGA 50" LCD rear projection
    127 cm visible screen size
    New compact and stylish design
    3LCD technology ensures high resolution, natural colour and high contrast
    High Definition resolution with 1280 x 720 pixels
    Cinema Black Pro for superior contrast
    Panel resolution: 1280 x 720
    Integrated digital tuner
    Industry's first invisible speaker mechanism
    PC input
    HDMI input for digital interface connectivity
    HD-Ready
    Virtual Dolby + BBE Sound
    3D Comb filter
    Auto 16:9
    SmartLink for easy recording
    3 x SCART
    THIS IS GONA SOUND REALLY DUMB BUT.... should i buy this? does it sound good to u guys in the know??? and are there blubs in this tv?
    :confused:
    or should go for my second choice Toshiba 52WM48 dlp tv what are the major differences between dlp and lcd rear projection?
    thank u in advance for ur help!

2. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You won't find any info on LCD in this forum, and if you're asking a DLP forum whether DLP is better than LCD - yes.

Search this forum for the answers to your other questions. Plenty of questions like this already been asked.

3. PeWe

PeWe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi inovermyhead !

The Sony you ask about is not covered by any threads here at all. The only thread for RPTV's is this one and covers the DLP's only. ..and maybe two brands only soon . :boring:

I have written about the Sony in this forum for a few days ago.
    If you need help to decide buying this or a DLP should the US links help.
    -In US is this called KDF-E50A10
    Below some links about compatible models from Samsung.
    -Samsung similar to SP-46L6HX, SP-50L6HX

Sony LCD RPTV reviews

Samsung 46" reviews

Samsung 50" reviews

Different TV 's Pros and Cons:
    From the tech link above: First, we'll clear one thing up. The difference between LCD and DLP isn't huge, so if someone tells you one is clearly better than another, they're going by what they read and not what they've seen. Both are so close, most novices would have a hard time telling them apart.

I'm convinced that this TV is a good choice. I'm waiting for the release in Sweden where this is £160:- cheaper than the Samsung SP-50L6HX. :smashin:
    No risk for rainbows or mechanical gadgets that spins fast as 5000-10000 rpm

4. inovermyhead

inovermyhead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thaks PeWe your advice has been very helpful :smashin:

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Sorry, but this is one person who is going by what he's seen - that statement you've quoted is quite bizarre.

Without going into the detail I've gone into on this thread (post #25) , I've spent years auditioning LCD and CRT rear-pros. I have spent the last two months auditioning large screen rear-pros before buying my current set, and viewed both LCD and DLPs. On two occasions I got to compare Sony's latest LCD model and a a Samsung DLP side by side.

DLP is in a totally different league from LCD rear pro. Anyone that can't see the difference really need their eyes testing.

6. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Again I suggest you check out some of the other threads on these forums for comments on this set. Better still go and check out the TVs in-store.

There are serious picture issues with the current Toshiba sets. I've auditioned both Toshiba models and after comparing their performance to the Sagem and Samsung models, the Toshibas were immediately crossed off the list.