sony kdfe50a12 - HDMI-DVI overscan

zero80472

hi guys i made a post awilie back on the forums about this
Ok im trying to use my tv to watch anime (i get a lot of anime )
so tryed the VGA port on it (it works but it looks **** (as it only dose 1024x768 va VGA
so i decide to get a DVI-to HDMI adaptor and plug it in it works
but it overscans the

will attach some images to show what i mean

iv tryed making a custom Resaulation and its not working

How do i fix this as its anoying me now

p.s im using a XFX 8800 GTX with windows 7

Attachments

AndyCob

All RPTVs have a certain amount of overscan (just like CRTs do) it's part of the setup of the optics and you can't adjust it or turn it off. There some TVs which have a setting for adjusting it but it is an image zoom type compensation it doesn't adjust the optics obviously and the Sony doesn't have even this feature anyway.

To get your whole desktop to display without the edge being cropped you will need to look for a setting in your PC video drivers. Different makes call it different things but Nvidia used to call it "Overscan compensation".

Essentially you set the PC resolution to the TV's native then use the overscan compensation to shrink the desktop within this (putting a black border round the edges essentially so the actual screen resolution stays the same but the resolution actually being used for the desktop is smaller) so the black border gets overscanned and you see the whole desktop.

Hope that helps.

zero80472

All RPTVs have a certain amount of overscan (just like CRTs do) it's part of the setup of the optics and you can't adjust it or turn it off. There some TVs which have a setting for adjusting it but it is an image zoom type compensation it doesn't adjust the optics obviously and the Sony doesn't have even this feature anyway.

To get your whole desktop to display without the edge being cropped you will need to look for a setting in your PC video drivers. Different makes call it different things but Nvidia used to call it "Overscan compensation".

Essentially you set the PC resolution to the TV's native then use the overscan compensation to shrink the desktop within this (putting a black border round the edges essentially so the actual screen resolution stays the same but the resolution actually being used for the desktop is smaller) so the black border gets overscanned and you see the whole desktop.

Hope that helps.
where can i find the overscan compensation on my nivida graphis card

AndyCob

It now appears to be under Display-Adjust Desktop Size and Position in the Nvidia control panel.

Set the output to the screens native then go there and click resize desktop then use the on screen sliders to fit your desktop to the screen.

TAZMANUK

Novice Member
hi i have one of these tvs for sale just bought new bulb and fitted bulb in march 2010 £370 or nearest offer comes with stand, manual, remote, hdmi hub

zero80472

wrong sction tazmanuk but back to my problem

i did what andy sayed but in my nivida control panal will attach photo when i get home form hollday