Quantcast

Sony KDFE50A12 dim picture & blue patches

nealb

Novice Member
I replaced the bulb in this a few months ago and it definitely isn't anywhere near as bright when it was new. In fact I didn't notice a huge amount of difference.

I've noticed over this last week there are slight blue patches in both top corners of the screen.

I've taken the bulb housing back out and the lens looks clean so I can't see anything wrong with it.

Would it be useful taking the bulb back out and cleaning the lens with glass cleaner to see if it brightens up the picture?

Or maybe it's time to think about replacing with a panel.... Hehe

scooby do

Oh dear optical block, get onto where you got it from and quote the sales of good act. These and other sony RPTV have a very poor design and the invetitable has happened.

nealb

Novice Member
Surely as I've had the TV for a good 5 years (could be longer, really can't remember how old it is) something like the optical block going could be seen as wear and tear and the seller (in this case Makro) wouldn't entertain a complaint?

scooby do

If you are happy that the tv has lasted a reasonable length of time that is your call.

toprobroy

Standard Member
Was annoyed I typed a long reply then couldn't get it back again to paste it in.
Suggest that maybe something is done to change the way you inform people of this.
THnaks
Robert