Sony KDFE50A11TNS

Ricey1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of buying this tv 2m (Sony KDFE50A11TNS) But been
honest iv been lookin for some good info on it but cant really find any.
The price here in Ireland is €1500 and seems to be a good deal but what
do i know...lol Can anyone advise me on this telly? Any info would be great
google wasnt much of a help either.

Thx i hope someone can help me out.

:D

I'm actually sat at home now waiting for this beast to be delivered so hopefully i'll be able to give you a review very soon

Ricey1 said:
Can anyone advise me on this telly? Any info would be great
google wasnt much of a help either.

The TNS bit of the model you're looking at is just a stand identifier that's confusingly omitted/included on occasions regardless of whether you get a stand with it or not - you may have more joy searching with this removed.

Now...as to the KDFE50A11 bit, I think this might just be the current mainland European/non-UK version of the KDFE50A12 that you'll find much written about on this forum with a quick search. I haven't picked through the below, so I'm not sure what the differences are (if any at all):

KDFE42A11 (50" version not listed on the Irish Sony web-site...)
KDFE50A11 (Belgium)
KDFE50A12 (UK)

Mine has arrived and is all setup, Not gonna say too much at the mo because i'd need to sit down and have a proper play with all the settings. At the moment all ive done is play my 360 on it and i am very impressed and considering the 360 is what i really wanted the tv for its got my thumbs up :smashin:

Sounds ok and looks like il give it a shot. Thx for the help
lads.

:hiya: Ricey1

im thinking of purchasing one of those sets myself :thumbsup:
was wondering where u got a price of €1500 as i havnt got price that low

cheers mate

Savins in Limerick i done a deal with them it should be 1699
but im paying with HARD CASH so iv been givin 1500 and a
free hdmi dvd player.

Got mine on Monday, nearly had a coronary when i saw the size of the box. Stand (two tiered YES!) is easy enough to assemble and very sturdy.

The settings that come as default are awful, have a play with them to get them right.

Now, freeview, it is inferior compared to sky, but i get alot less break up compared to my humax PVR and NO awful squeaks when the signal breaks up which frightened the dog.

Sky is hit and miss depending on the channel or programme.

Xbox 360 is SPOT ON in HD, beautiful, can't wait for PS3 too.

Upscaling dvd (samsung 850) is only slightly better than normal dvd, certainly not as good as i had hoped.

All in all, i'm very happy with it for the money, and i've heard they get better when the bulb burns in.

Screen door effect IS evident now and again, but you get used to it. Certainly better than my five year old forty inch toshiba.

For the money, total bargain :clap:

you should see the tv i got now its a 21" sanyo piece of crap
man i cant wait till monday to get this and mess about.

quarryfied said:
Screen door effect IS evident now and again, but you get used to it.

I'm not sure if its something i'm gonna be able to put up with to be honest, its really starting to bug me now :(

beasty54 said:
I'm not sure if its something i'm gonna be able to put up with to be honest, its really starting to bug me now :(

Well, that does bother me now and again, mainly on sports stuff.

My annoyance in which i'm considering sending it back is the fan noise. I only noticed it last night after turning off my air con and fan in the living room. It's SO loud that I may have to keep my cooling fan on just so i forget about it (if you know what i mean).

quarryfied said:
Well, that does bother me now and again, mainly on sports stuff.

My annoyance in which i'm considering sending it back is the fan noise. I only noticed it last night after turning off my air con and fan in the living room. It's SO loud that I may have to keep my cooling fan on just so i forget about it (if you know what i mean).

Real strange cos even when there is no sound i cant hear a thing. Gonna have a think this weekend and decide what i'm going to do about the tv, the screen door effect is really bugging me now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom