• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sony kdfe5012u noisy fan

demonsword

Standard Member
can anyone tell me if there is a fix for the noisy fan on the sony kdfe5012u lcd rear projection tv? or is the noise normal,,,also is the fan on the sagem dlp projection tv's as bad? thanks.

jon_c0

Established Member
demonsword said:
can anyone tell me if there is a fix for the noisy fan on the sony kdfe5012u lcd rear projection tv? or is the noise normal

See this, although I expect DOG187 will reply with more detail.

demonsword said:
also is the fan on the sagem dlp projection tv's as bad? thanks.

The fans on the Sony that I had were perhaps slightly louder than that on the Sagem HD-D50H, but it was hard to tell as the Sagem buzzed/hummed quite loudly too (for which there's also now a fix, apparently). In both cases though, the fan noise was very low and unobtrusive, so assuming I already had the Sony fix in place (being as I had a recent set) it seems to have cured any prior issue.

P

porkamoo

The Sagem I had was considerably louder then the Sony, the Sony is almost inaudible at viewing distance and is a low hum, the Sagem was at least 3-4 times louder and was more of a buzz than a hum which I found much more obtrusive.

jon_c0

Established Member
porkamoo said:
...the Sagem was at least 3-4 times louder and was more of a buzz than a hum which I found much more obtrusive.

Was this actually the fan though? My experience was that you heard the fan kick in, quite quietly, directly as the Sagem was switched on. Just after switch-on, the buzzing/humming would begin (as a result of the wobulator starting up, minus the current fix).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom