Sony KDF50 seating distance

U

Ulf.Verheyen

I'm actually planning on either buying the 42" or 50" inch version of the Sony rear projection TV. My seating distance would be about 4,5 m. Which of the sets would you suggest?

I will mostly watch PAL TV via digital satellite feed and DVD via HDMI.

Maybe some HDTV in a couple of months via a Pace Receiver :thumbsup:

I'm not sure, whether the 50" inch version might be a bit too big.

What are your viewing distances with those TV sets? :lease:

For the 42" you'd perhaps want 3 metres distance at most, and perhaps 2 metres with HD stuff. The 50" will be absolute fine at 4.5 metres, in fact that might even be too far imo.

Doesn't hurt that the 50" version is cheaper, and comes with a free stand :)

I sit about 2.5 mtrs away from mine and it has shrunk before my very eyes :eek:

At 4.5 I would be looking at a 70" tbh :D

Just give in, go to Costco, and get that 67" for £2000 :)

The manual states a 9' minimum seating distance.

Games Guru said:
The manual states a 9' minimum seating distance.
That's the distance I sit from the set. Adsolutely fine.

I think for a true "home cinema" effect, you really should be sitting off center and have a couple of kids constantly shifting in front of you whilst talking on their mobile phones.
Popcorn stuffed down the side of your seat can be added for additional authenticity...

Thanks for all the quick responses. As I'm living in Germany I guess I won't get a free stand. But I can get the 50"set for 1.450,-EUR over here, so I think I'll go for it after I received my tax repayment. I hope my current stand will support the set.

Can anybody tell me how wide the set is, regarding the space that needs to stand on firm ground. I saw that the set overlaps a little bit on both sides.
I have an about 90cm wide stand. Will that be enough? :rolleyes: :lease:

here are the dimensions of the stand that comes free with the TV:

SURG11M DIMENSIONS SET-UP:
* Width: 109cm
* Height: 51cm
* Depth: 50cm

cyberheater said:
I think for a true "home cinema" effect, you really should be sitting off center and have a couple of kids constantly shifting in front of you whilst talking on their mobile phones.
Popcorn stuffed down the side of your seat can be added for additional authenticity...

I get all of that, only their phones are made by fisher price :(

thed said:
I sit about 2.5 mtrs away from mine and it has shrunk before my very eyes :eek:

At 4.5 I would be looking at a 70" tbh :D
Absolutely the case... 2.5 mtrs here..any further is a waste of eye space!!!:D

Ulf.Verheyen said:
Thanks for all the quick responses. As I'm living in Germany I guess I won't get a free stand. But I can get the 50"set for 1.450,-EUR over here, so I think I'll go for it after I received my tax repayment. I hope my current stand will support the set.

Can anybody tell me how wide the set is, regarding the space that needs to stand on firm ground. I saw that the set overlaps a little bit on both sides.
I have an about 90cm wide stand. Will that be enough? :rolleyes: :lease:
Go to Ikea and buy the Bonde TV Stand with the Thing that goes round the top...you cant fit the top shelf but who cares.. see my pics in another thread on this..the KDFE50..on Ebay thread...
http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26813&d=1142258219

well for dvds i sit about 6-7 feet away and PQ looks great, for my 360 on hi def i can sit about 2 feet away and its amazing, screendoor almost dissapers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom