• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDF-E50A12U & Sagem HD45 - do they havedirect/discreteAV inputs ?

RSK21

Established Member
Hello,

Can anyone tell me whether this TV has direct inputs ? i.e. if I press AV1 on my Harmony remote wil it go directly to that input without me needing to cycle through pressing "input select" each time ?

If it does have this feature does it apply to all inputs including scart, Comp, HDMI and the PC one on the side ?

My current Toshiba is a TOAD device i.e I have to cycle through one by one to get to the component input on AV4where I have my amp doing all the AV switching but my old Sony allowed direct selection which makes things much cleaner and easier.

Hope this makes sense.

RSK

sitalchauhan

Established Member
somebody i know has got the sony kdfe50a12u. I only used it for about 20 mins though.
You have to press a button on the remote (thing it was 'select' or 'ok') and then a small menu comes up with AV1, AV2, component, etc...). You then select the one you want in the list.

Every time you press the button (ok/select button), it automatically goes to the top of the list of inputs. So you can still program your remote to preform a macro to switch to the specific input you want.

the macro will be something like this to go to scart 1:
OK/Select -> Down -> Down -> OK/Select

and this to go to scart 2:
OK/Select -> Down -> Down -> DOwn -> OK/Select

and this to go to component:
OK/Select -> Down -> Down -> Down -> Down -> Down -> OK/Select

I hope you understand what i mean. basically, you CAN program your remote to go to a specific input when you are watching any input. It will work perfectly with your harmony remote.

Edit: forgot to mention, EVERY input is in that one list when you press the ok/select button (scarts, side/front-inputs, pc inputs, etc)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom