• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony KDF-E50A12U ghosting problems on ntsc hd-dvd discs

witters

Prominent Member
It seems that whenever I play hd-dvd discs which are 60 hertz I get major ghosting. This is not present with Pal, i.e. 50 hertz, discs.

Can anyone suggest a fix please?

Search for ghosting, and you will find a fix.

lloydtaylor

Standard Member
hi Witters, I have the same tv as you and also a simular problem. I also get ghosting on my HD channel...even when theres no feed going in to the HDMI port the HD channel is ghosting (the sign is in yellow). Then when I play a Blue ray disc through my PS3 on to the HD channel it is still ghosting. I tried looking for the answer on here, but can not find it. Any help would be greatfull.

Lloyd

P.S. Hi heveryone lol :thumbsup:

lloydtaylor

Standard Member
sorry, did find it... but for some reason couldnt get the menu to open...but it did make the hd ghosting go away on the ps3 games, but is still there on the blue ray discs. any ideas??

cheers
Lloyd

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom