Sony KDF-E42A12U - Flashing Power LED Error

KingfisherUK

Standard Member
Evening all,

My Sony KDF has just "died" on me. The set powers up ok, runs for about a minute, then turns off. After that, all I get is the power LED Green, flashes red 3 times, pause and repeat.

Power cycling the set makes no difference, just powers up for a minute then dies again.

I've done a quick search around the forums and can't find anything about three flashes, only 2.

Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
I think both 2 and 3 flashes indicate a problem with the lamp? My KDFE-50 went off last week and was flashing 3 times the same as yours, the lamp light next to it was also lit red though.

KingfisherUK

Standard Member
Mine only has the power light flashing red, and lamp was changed about three weeks ago. Anyway, engineer came out today, thinks it's an optical block problem (although colour is pretty bad as well anyway).

Looks like Currys whateverhappens policy will be paying for itself at last :clap:

With any luck, they'll write it off. Only paid £700 for the set and bloke reckoned £500-600 to repair. Well, that's what he said he'll be telling Currys :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom