Sony KDE-P37XS1 Manual Freeview Software Update Possible?

keith52

Standard Member
Hi,

I have recently acquired a Sony KDE-P37XS1 plasma TV with built in DVB-T, however said digital tuner will not tune and locks up during the search process. Having done some research and from info on Sony's website I believe this is down to the set needing an OAD (or OTA whichever you prefer) software update which should probably have been done last year, but wasn't. (The system information screen shows v2.5(GB) for the system software and v2.00 for the loader)

Sounds straightforward, but there are 2 problems:

(1) the current stored programmes are from a different transmitter area and so I cannot currently receive any BBC1 digital channel to allow the OAD to happen and
(2) I don't know when or if Sony will book a slot for an OAD anyway for a set that is now 4 years old.

So, my question is: Is there another way to update the software (for example through i2c or cpu bdm/jtag ports) and if so, where could I get a copy of the software from?

Any help would be much appreciated even if it's only to say it's a lost cause, which would be a shame really because the tv is otherwise OK (alright it's not the best, but then it was cheap :D)

Many Thanks

Keith

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom