Sony KD75-XE94 BAD MOTION ->REPLACE with 75ZD9 or 75Q9FN?

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by Gyuri01, Mar 31, 2018.

?
  1. yes,because

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no,because

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe,bacause

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gyuri01

Gyuri01
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys! First of all thank you for your time reading this post. I recently picked up my new Sony KD75-X9405E. It was a great tv for the price but i can't live with it's motion handling.

I see motion blur everywhere (no matter what content or source) and i see loss in clarity and sharpness. Not only in fast moving scenes but when people walking or panorama shots. I tried a lot of setting (when i try to smooth the motion with motionflow harder,there's a lot image artefacts around the moving objects), hooked up with the X800 player but its almost the same every time. The only thing that could help is a higher BFi setting,but it dimms the picture too much. So i'll send it back.
    Maybe i can get a deal for a 75 inch z9d. I saw in some posts that the 75inch version z9d has a great response time and no blur against the 65 inch z9d.

WHAT DO YOU THINK, IS IT WORTH TO PAY THE EXTRA FOR THE 75"ZD9? is it possible that the different 75"ZD9 panel solve my issue? Or sould I sell it and start so save up for the 2018 samsung 75"Q9FN?
    (P.S. I want to stick with the 75 inch size)

Waiting for your help/suggestion/oppinion.

20180331_185132.jpg

2. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,884
    Maybe its an issue with your actual TV set.
    I have the Sony XE9405 and its stunning. No motion issues at all. F1, football etc etc are all perfect with fast panning motion. I think Sony processing, motion is fantastic.
    What source for input are you using ? As this can play a massive part.
    Have you tried the settings posted up on AVForums ?

3. Gyuri01

Gyuri01
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried a lot of sources. For basic there is a hdtv-box, for movies i have the UBP-X800. With 4k bluray discs, the blur is tolerable but still there. However the blur is really annoying in the built in youtube apps both in tv and bl. player. (connected via correct hdmi cable,enhanced hdmi option,hdmi3 port) I mainly use the usb port for movies and tv-series (at the back of the tv or) in the X800.They are downloaded files both bluray 4k hdr,4k sdr,fhd and really high quality bluray mkv or bdmw formats with the highest possible bitrate. Unfortunatelly the X800 can't help the motion blur almost like shadow trailing and sarpness loss in some cases. The situation is even worse when a smaller object moves for example in Harry Potter movies,when they use their wands or walking people faces. The sharpness loss is typican in panorama shots. In the other hand the same downloaded fhd high quality bluray mkv movie doesn't have any motion issues in my old fhd sony tv (kdl55-w905a) played diretcly without bluray player. Besides my motion issue the xe94 is stellar.

Im using the cinema pro profile for hdr content(no gaming)
    brightness 45
    contrast 92
    gamma 0
    black level 50
    black adj. off
    adv.cont.enh. off
    local dimming medium
    xdr high

color 60
    hue 0
    color temp. expert 1
    adv.color temp. default
    live color high

sharpness 50
    reality creation auto
    random noise red. off
    digital noise red. off
    smooth gradiation low

motionflow custom
    smoothness 3
    clearness min (if i set it higher the bfi takes all the pop and punch from the hdr)
    (for me noticable difference is sclearness 3 or 4 but it totally kills brighness so I don't consider it as a solution)
    cinemotion high

hdr auto
    hdmi video range auto
    color space auto

UBP-X800 Every picture setting is auto or def.

4. Stever10

Stever10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I think the ZD9 would have the same problem, for some reason these very large LCD panels have more motion blur, you can look on Rtings at the measurements for the ZD9 which also are high. There are two Sony TV's which have faster response times I think because they use Samsung Panels and not some other manufacturer like Innolux or AUoptronics etc. The XE9305 and XE9005 both have been measured as having very fast response times. Also I think there is a new Samsung QLED coming out with local dimming which is apparently good and will probably have faster response times. There is also OLED like the EZ952 which have zero blur except for the content, you can use interpolation and have almost no blur on OLED.

5. Stever10

Stever10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    You can also use BFI which will help but if it has black smearing the BFI won't help with that.

6. Bacus

Bacus
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,884
    But my XE9405 has no motion blur what so ever !!
    I'm sure its down to settings or a dodgy set. If I noticed motion issues I would have sent mine back. I watch a lot of sport which is fast panning like F1 and football with zero issues. So I can't see it being an issue on only large screen LCD panels. Also I haven't noticed it mentioned at all on the Sony XE9405 owners thread.

7. Gyuri01

Gyuri01
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I saw the Rtings measurements but they are not valid for the 75" version z9d. The rumour is that the 75" z9d has around 800zones, around 2000nits and around 10ms response time due the different panel source. Is there anyone here who can confirm this? The only problem with the oled is the price in the 77" range. I can't afford that. It seems like i can make a bargain with sony for the 75" z9d if i return my xe94 and pay a little more. In this case the 75" z9d would cost me about 5900-6000$ and it looks like a good deal for me. And it is the simplest way to get a new set,maybe the ceapest too.

8. Stever10

Stever10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Maybe you just don't notice motion blur, or maybe it is "panel lottery" where one TV can use more than one manufacturer like Samsung, innolux etc. Or maybe he has a faulty TV, I honestly don't know.

9. Stever10

Stever10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Don't think there is any info on the 75" ZD9 regarding response times, so that would be a gamble, might be better on the 75 or might not. I would say your best option if you are bothered about motion blur would be a 65" Panasonic or Sony OLED.

10. desinho

desinho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Do you know what panel is in a 65" Panasonic? An AUO panel. In the 75 XE9405: a Samsung :rolleyes:.
    75XE9005: AUO. 75ZD9: still no idea but people (owners) who have done the UFO response time test have gotten beter results with the 75 than 65".

11. Stever10

Stever10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    I think Panasonic if you mean the DX902, uses Innolux panels. I meant your best option for no blur and good motion would be a Sony or Panasonic 65" OLED, they are generally better image quality in all ways compared to LCD except for Brightness. A downgrade in size and brightness but an upgrade in every other area.