Sony KD65S8005CBU Not Recognising SkyQ 3D Signal

slipstream

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
The TV converts the 3D signal from my Blu-Ray player ok, but when it receives any 3D input from my SkyQ box I just get side-by-side images. I am unable to turn 3D on within TV settings menu because as far as the TV is concerned it does not recognise a compatible 3D signal. I am unable to force 3D on either.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Sandy.

The bluray player is sending a special 'frame packed' format which the tv detects and switches mode. This gives you 1080p per eye.

Sky3D is just a normal 1080p (?) tv signal with the left/right eye in a split screen arrangement. So your tv has no idea it's 3D - it just sees a normal signal

You should totally be able to force it though. My previous Sony I had to go into a picture menu to bring up 3D, then select what type it was (side by side, top/bottom etc)

Thanks. I, too, had that option to choose 3D type in my previous Bravia, however, it seems in this new TV that that particular setting is not available which I find very strange. There is also no setting to convert a 2D picture into 3D either. There is no 3D button on my remote either which I find strange.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom