• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Sony KD55XH929 6BU Screen Flashing

danhobbs47

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

Very new to this forum. Hope someone might be able to advise.

recently bought the above mentioned Sony tv but have noticed a flashing on the lower half of the screen. It doesnt happen at regular intervals, just randomly but is quite noticeable when watching. I managed to catch the flashing on camera.

the video here shows it.

I scroll over the moment it happens multiple times. Could anyone shed some light on what might be causing it? Is the tv faulty? Should I take it back?

many thanks

Dan

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Hi Guys,

Very new to this forum. Hope someone might be able to advise.

recently bought the above mentioned Sony tv but have noticed a flashing on the lower half of the screen. It doesnt happen at regular intervals, just randomly but is quite noticeable when watching. I managed to catch the flashing on camera.

the video here shows it.

I scroll over the moment it happens multiple times. Could anyone shed some light on what might be causing it? Is the tv faulty? Should I take it back?

many thanks

Dan

Has it always happened on started recently and does it happen on all source content, freesat, Sky, DVD, streaming services etc. If it does then I'd perform a reboot of the set and if it continues a factory reset. If it continues I would then check all the hdmi connections and possibly look at new cables. If all of that fails and you are still within you 28-30 day return period from your retailer I'd ask for a new set to be sent to you. If you are over this time period contact Sony and ask for their input/support.

danhobbs47

Novice Member
Has it always happened on started recently and does it happen on all source content, freesat, Sky, DVD, streaming services etc. If it does then I'd perform a reboot of the set and if it continues a factory reset. If it continues I would then check all the hdmi connections and possibly look at new cables. If all of that fails and you are still within you 28-30 day return period from your retailer I'd ask for a new set to be sent to you. If you are over this time period contact Sony and ask for their input/support.
Thanks for the response. It has happened since purchase. It’s most noticeable when it’s not a HD signal, so normal tv, All4 etc. I don’t see it when using Netflix, Disney plus etc (built in apps) it also doesn’t seem to happen on HDMI signals. At first I thought it might be my aerial cable but tried multiple and because it was doing it on services such as All4 then I got confused. The only thing I can think of is it must be to do with it not being HD?

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the response. It has happened since purchase. It’s most noticeable when it’s not a HD signal, so normal tv, All4 etc. I don’t see it when using Netflix, Disney plus etc (built in apps) it also doesn’t seem to happen on HDMI signals. At first I thought it might be my aerial cable but tried multiple and because it was doing it on services such as All4 then I got confused. The only thing I can think of is it must be to do with it not being HD?

How do you get the normal TV and All4 to your screen? Have you checked that cable and connections? The fact it's only happening on this format would suggest it's not a fault with the set but I could be wrong.

danhobbs47

Novice Member
How do you get the normal TV and All4 to your screen? Have you checked that cable and connections? The fact it's only happening on this format would suggest it's not a fault with the set but I could be wrong.
TV using aerial cable direct from the wall into the tv. All4 is using the built in app on the tv itself. And yes, checked the aerial connection and changed the cable. Like I said, I don’t see it on HD signals which I thought strange.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom