Question Sony KD55S8005C - Any good?

fat_controller

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been toying with the idea of a 4k TV for a while, but no more than that really. Anyway, we are having a new sofa delivered on Monday, and the new sofa has resulted in a move round of furniture so that we are now a bit further back from the TV (Panny 46" Plasma), which has got me looking again....

Anyway, I have taken a bit of a shine to the Sony KD55S8005C, but can't find an awful lot in the way of reviews on it yet (I will keep looking) - but in the meantime, I thought I would seek advice from you all here :)

We had a look in Curry's on the way home tonight, and the 55" is a nice size for us - 65" would be too big - however the 55" we saw were a couple of Samsungs that were quite impressive, if not awesome, however I think that is simply due to the way they were displayed (you couldn't really get far enough back to see the picture properly if you know what I mean); there were a couple of LG's there that were not curved that had pictures that seemed to be really good, absolutely crystal clear - yet somehow it felt a bit 'flat' to me; technically brilliant, but no 'life'?

There was a smaller curved Samsung on a wall display which was absolutely stunning - no other word for it, just stunning (UJ8500 I think the model was), but it was too small. Finally, there was a Panasonic that was pretty terrible looking next to the Samsungs and LG - - very washed out colours and no depth; shame, because we like Panasonic kit. Sadly, there was not a Sony in sight to see one in the flesh.

So, any views/suggestions? Curved versus flat?

Thanks in advance :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom