Sony KD49XH9505BU or Something Else?

jonnypb

Currently looking to get a bigger TV. At the minute I have the Sony KDL-42W829B and tbh I'm happy with the PQ. Main uses are Sky HD (Football), Prime/Netflix and I have it connected to my sony rht g550 TV stand with the built in speakers/sub. Will also be nice to connect my iphone to it to show pictures etc.

TV will be going on my current stand in the corner of the room so can't really go bigger than 50", viewing angles aren't really an issue either as it'll more or less be viewed straight on.

My budget was £600-650 and I was looking at the Sony KD49XH8505BU but then I see lots of mention of the Sony KD49XH9505BU and can be had for just under £100 more (£750)

My question is will I see a noticeable difference in PQ going from my old TV to one of the ones listed and is it worth paying the extra for the KD49XH9505BU as will you notice a difference on a screen that is 49" as oppose to a larger one like 55-65"?

How is the android OS on the TV? I know on my current TV the built in apps and features aren't really worth using as they're slow and cumbersome.

Although I don't really watch 4k at the minute, it says that 4k is capped at 60Hz on this screen whereas 1080p is 120Hz, is that an issue for 4K? also says there's no HDR10+ on the TV, not sure if that's an issue for the future?

Happy for other suggestions as well if there are some other alternatives to look at. Basically I just want a slightly bigger TV with PQ of the same or better. Is the Hisense 50U7QFTUK worth considering? Seems to be quite a bit cheaper (£300 cheaper than the XH9505)?

Thanks

Last edited:

Dodgexander

My question is will I see a noticeable difference in PQ going from my old TV to one of the ones listed and is it worth paying the extra for the KD49XH9505BU as will you notice a difference on a screen that is 49" as oppose to a larger one like 55-65"?
Yes, you don't really want to go for something less than the XH9505 if you want to future proof today.
How is the android OS on the TV? I know on my current TV the built in apps and features aren't really worth using as they're slow and cumbersome.
Its snappy and improved compared to older android models, but android itself probably isn't as good to use as LG or Samsung smart OS.
Although I don't really watch 4k at the minute, it says that 4k is capped at 60Hz on this screen whereas 1080p is 120Hz, is that an issue for 4K? also says there's no HDR10+ on the TV, not sure if that's an issue for the future?
If you are watching video no. If you are a gamer and want to play in 4k 120hz, yes.
Happy for other suggestions as well if there are some other alternatives to look at. Basically I just want a slightly bigger TV with PQ of the same or better. Is the Hisense 50U7QFTUK worth considering? Seems to be quite a bit cheaper (£300 cheaper than the XH9505)?
You're on the right track with the Sony XH9505 I wouldn't go for something less when coming from such a good TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom