Sony KD49XG9005

Mallett94

Did anyone install it yet? I'm curious if the update allows devices to recognize that the TV has a 120hz display.(without forcing it by switching from Auto to HDMI on the xbox settings)
Auto detects what the 'best' setting is and the best setting is 4K 60hz. It makes complete sense that you have to manually change the settings in order to manually set 1080p in order to get 120hz :)

stormy

Auto detects what the 'best' setting is and the best setting is 4K 60hz. It makes complete sense that you have to manually change the settings in order to manually set 1080p in order to get 120hz :)
Hmm, might be a problem for the PS5 as its not a user configurable as the Xbox variants. Don't think its possible to force modes on the PS5.

As best visual setting would be 4K 60hz, but if you wanted to play a game which supported 120fps then 1080p would be useful.

Mallett94

Hmm, might be a problem for the PS5 as its not a user configurable as the Xbox variants. Don't think its possible to force modes on the PS5.

As best visual setting would be 4K 60hz, but if you wanted to play a game which supported 120fps then 1080p would be useful.
Yes we will have to see. You'd like to think putting the PS5 manually to 1080p would unlock the 120 FPS mode in game to be selected. Let's wait and see!

adelin07

Standard Member
Well, I just installed it and wish I hadn't. The info bar with the resolution keeps popping up every minute or so and I have no idea what's causing it. I just have the Apple TV connected via a sony str-dh790 receiver. Not sure if it's a firmware bug, but it wasn't happening this often before the update. It would appear once a few hours. Any idea?
Tried changing to hdmi 2, same thing happens
Edit: I think it just fixed itself. I don't understand why, I haven't done anything. Really strange.
Edit2: nope. not fixed. issue persists. just happened to not appear for 1-2 hours and next day started again appearing every few minutes. Maybe it's something that happens after turning on the tv for a while and goes away in time. Wish there was a way to disable this. Sound and image don't drop off, just seeing the info at the top with the resolution and hdmi used.
Think I'll try a factory reset later. I can't even watch a 10 minute video without the info popping up over 15 times

Issue still there after factory reset. I'm out of ideas. changed the cable that goes from receiver to tv, tried both hdmi 2 and hdmi 3. Any way to go back to the previous firmware?

Hopefully last edit, lol. Just in case somone else gets the same problem as me.
Changed "speakers" from audio system to tv speaker and then back to audio system. That seems to have done the trick.(at least for now)

Last edited:

plata0190

Standard Member
There still the DVB broadcasting upper banner with Ch Nr/Program name, date/hour, broadcast icons... that was present on 2019 G series fw?
- Clear Audio+, DSEE and the usefull loudness function, named "Night" on 2019 G series, still present on the A9 or not? Im not saying abouy the "Automatic Audio level" thats just balancing volume, but a proper loudness mode for low volumes, called SteadySound on very old Sony TV models.

Palexr

Well, I just installed it and wish I hadn't. The info bar with the resolution keeps popping up every minute or so and I have no idea what's causing it. I just have the Apple TV connected via a sony str-dh790 receiver. Not sure if it's a firmware bug, but it wasn't happening this often before the update. It would appear once a few hours. Any idea?
Tried changing to hdmi 2, same thing happens
Edit: I think it just fixed itself. I don't understand why, I haven't done anything. Really strange.
Edit2: nope. not fixed. issue persists. just happened to not appear for 1-2 hours and next day started again appearing every few minutes. Maybe it's something that happens after turning on the tv for a while and goes away in time. Wish there was a way to disable this. Sound and image don't drop off, just seeing the info at the top with the resolution and hdmi used.
Think I'll try a factory reset later. I can't even watch a 10 minute video without the info popping up over 15 times

Issue still there after factory reset. I'm out of ideas. changed the cable that goes from receiver to tv, tried both hdmi 2 and hdmi 3. Any way to go back to the previous firmware?

Hopefully last edit, lol. Just in case somone else gets the same problem as me.
Changed "speakers" from audio system to tv speaker and then back to audio system. That seems to have done the trick.(at least for now)
Someone over on there xf thread suggests (I think it's your issue?)

"If there are random appearances of the info banner on your Sony XF TV - Go to Home - Settings - Channel setup - Info banner turn to off"

adelin07

Standard Member
Someone over on there xf thread suggests (I think it's your issue?)

"If there are random appearances of the info banner on your Sony XF TV - Go to Home - Settings - Channel setup - Info banner turn to off"
I can't find that setting. closest thing to it I found in Watching TV,channels, channel setup. But here I only have the option to choose analogue setup and digital setup and neither of those settings contain the info banner option. Can't find it in device preferences either.
Thanks for the suggestion though! For now, my workaround seems to be working.

Palexr

I can't find that setting. closest thing to it I found in Watching TV,channels, channel setup. But here I only have the option to choose analogue setup and digital setup and neither of those settings contain the info banner option. Can't find it in device preferences either.
Thanks for the suggestion though! For now, my workaround seems to be working.
Yep, sorry about the duff info. I just got the exact same issue and realised the Settings menu has changed. I'll give you workaround a go.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom