SONY KD49X7053bu. TV 2020 settings

hard2please

Novice Member
Desperate: Im posting this in every forum I can find.

New Sony TV. settings driving me nuts. Nearly there after a few hours. BUT. . .
General instructions , online include, 'turn off' ambient light sensor... cant find any mention 'light sensor' settings or in ECO
Also no mention of LED back lighting control... read somewhere it should be set around 70.

Happy with the Freeview picture, FreeSat not as good. On previous Sony TV (KD something) Freesat picture was excellent.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dodgexander

Moved your thread to the Sony section of the forum. Hopefully you'll find help from another user of your TV here.

A lot of the settings online for Sony TVs are based on models that include Android TV. The X70 series you have runs instead a more basic linux smart TV platform and doesn't have the same features or options as the more expensive models.

Modern Sony TVs don't have Freesat software built in, only satellite tuners. If you are looking a user interface more than only now and next info, you are best using a dedicated Freesat box.

hard2please

Novice Member
Moved your thread to the Sony section of the forum. Hopefully you'll find help from another user of your TV here.

A lot of the settings online for Sony TVs are based on models that include Android TV. The X70 series you have runs instead a more basic linux smart TV platform and doesn't have the same features or options as the more expensive models.

Modern Sony TVs don't have Freesat software built in, only satellite tuners. If you are looking a user interface more than only now and next info, you are best using a dedicated Freesat box.
Many thanks. FreeSat picture fixed with new High spec cable. Freeview is built in. Hoping for answers on back light and light sensor....both evident on my last Sony in the same range.

desinho

Back light control is 'Brightness' and I very much doubt it should be set at 70 .
Don't know if it has a light sensor but just set the Eco/Energy settings to off in the quick menu you get when pressing the Options button iirc ...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom