Sony KD43XH9196BU wont display Digital Stream PVR on HDMI

richwilmm

Novice Member
I have just purchased this TV and generally brilliant but for some reason it is a disaster when trying to connect my faithful DS PVR via HDMI.
I have tried more than one DS PVR, more than one HDMI cable and all the available ports plus locking the DS output at 1080p.
The problem is that if I connect the PVR (to HDMI 1) no image is displayed on selecting HDMI 1 until you either unplug/replug the HDMI cable whilst all on or go into settings and change the HDMI 1 res to the other available option or even to its current one again and then all is well - UNTIL you standby the PVR and power this back on.
When you do this the PVR bootloader image appears at first and then no image is displayed when it moves on to the live freeview image. The only way to get the picture back is to go through the earlier process again.
Does anyone have any ideas what is going on as it is crazy that a top end Sony cannot cope with a basic 1080p stream.
My old Toshiba is fine but interestingly my bedroom LG TV will not show the TV image from the PVR unless I fully power up the PVR before the TV.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Check Bravia link is on in the TV settings...if it is try turning it off.
DO NOT hot swap (inserting/disconnecting while TV & PVR are powered on) the HDMI cable as that can fry the HDMI circuitry.

richwilmm

Novice Member
I tried that one previously thanks but no joy.
Will no longer hot swap as advised although any idea as to why this triggers the TV to successfully find the PVR picture on HDMI when it wont when plugged in from power up?

richwilmm

Novice Member
I forgot to add that I have also tried using a CEC diabling link on the HDMI lead with similar no fix :(
And no surprise that Sony help were as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Since you’re having problems with the PVR and another TV that suggests the problem is at the PVR end.

richwilmm

Novice Member
I thought that, but my previous Toshiba 40' panel displays with no issues and still does after rechecking.
I have tried more than one of the PVRs and they all have the same problem so not a damaged fault.
The PVR is definitly the problem for Sony but I cant see why one TV should display flawlessly and the Sony loses it consistantly every power cycle.

richwilmm

Novice Member
Managed a sort of fix - the DS PVR was set to the low power standby mode which disables the ariel feedthrough. Turning this to normal standby mode means the Sony doesnt need to be reset everytime I put the PVR into standby. It still needs to be done if I have a power cut but hopefully this wont be too often (fingers crossed).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom