Sony KD43X85J or Samsung QE43Q60A?

jmpnm

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I need a second tv for a small room where I like to see streaming movies (Disney+, Amazon, Netflix) or Satellite TV.

What should be the best choice between Sony KD43X85J and Samsung QE43Q60A? (Furniture does not let me have a bigger tv size)

They have different tecnhology and each one has pros and cons but I think they are the best options for 43" TV's.

Thanks in advance
JM

Last edited:
They’re the same tech, both LCD, slightly different implementation but more down to enthusiastic marketing BS!

They’re the same tech, both LCD, slightly different implementation but more down to enthusiastic marketing BS!
Concerning Panel type, Contrast, Brightness, HDR type, Sound ....I also see some differences but not sure how important they are for a pleasant view.
A well known ratings website says 43Q60A is the best option but I' m not really sure wich one to choose.
JM

Concerning Panel type, Contrast, Brightness, HDR type, Sound ....I also see some differences but not sure how important they are for a pleasant view.
A well known ratings website says 43Q60A is the best option but I' m not really sure wich one to choose.
JM
Have you had a look at the guides on the forum which explain about brightness, HDR on smaller TVs, unfortunately none are great performers if that’s a priority
Various links in the intro
The Sony is new so not included as it’s considered poor value until the first price drops around Black Friday

Thanks for your help...

Neither 43Q60A is included....I know that both of them are new 2021 models but here where I live it is already hard to find old models, Q60A is already on the stores and x85j will arrive in a couple of weeks.

Sure they are not great performers but on the 43" size I think they are the best and maybe the only 2 good options to consider.
I looked at the guides and I understand that those 2 models are different and have different type of HDR, dolby sound and panel etc...

The real question is should I buy now Q60A on a UEFA Europe league sale or wait for the Sony x85j?

Samsung does not have Dolby Vision but has HDR10+, does not have Dolby Atmos, but has DD+, has a VA panel with maybe better contrast but I always loved Sony colors. and brightness.

These are some of my doubts that make me undecided on the best option.

It comes down to panel types mainly. You should determine which panel type is preferable before picking out specific models.

Don't think about HDR on either TV, it will be poor.
You need a 49" for watching HDR. These TVs may accept the signal, but they'll have problems displaying it.

I know its not what you want to hear and I tried to be as blunt about it as I can in my guides, but there's no value in smaller TVs any more. Therefore my advice is to buy as cheap as you can, rather than spend more money since you are effectively throwing money down the drain.

Not only this, but you're also looking at buying two newly released models that will have a heightened price compared to normal, so its even more of a reason not to spend more money.

New furniture and a bigger TV? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom