1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SONY KD36NX200 or KV36FS76? owners please read

Discussion in 'TVs' started by MackemX, Dec 16, 2002.

1. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which do you reckon is better TV?

price difference is about £250 more for NX200 version

KD36NX200 spec from Sony

Can anyone tell me any other differences apart from Digital / Memory card slot / EPG

does anyone have the NX200?

does it have the same picture in picture features?

so basically is it worth the extra £250?

cheers

2. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my 36nx200 last Wed. First the "bad" news - It doesn't have PIP and 1 fewer SCART socket.

Now for the good news:

The picture is superb through the DTT/analogue/DVD/Video

The tv looks a 100 times nicer than the FS76 (IMHO)

My wife and brother-in-law also gave it a massive thumbs up

The sound is fine but if I am watching anything serious my amp goes on and I use the Pro Logic II. No tv speakers will match a separate surround setup.

I don't intend using the memory stick socket but I guess that the Sony marketing dept. insisted it was included. I'm sure it will be useful to someone.

The rest of the tv has standard features. If there is anything specific you want to know I'll try to help. Bear in mind I haven't been through the manual properly (although half of it is dedicated to the memory stick).

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the 36NX200. (Now come on Sony - How about a plasma for singing your praises?)

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Does it have digital out for sound?

4. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw that in the spec list, analogue and digitial tuner, BAH I liked that feature on the 376
    Guess that the DRC1250 then, I'm yet to see one but will be going to a shop that has one soon to check for myself

How much did you pay for the NX200?

Thanks for the feedback mate, appreciated

Deano

5. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Martin - I think it has optical out as you can connect a MD recorder. If you need to know for definite let me know and I'll dig out the manual.

I paid about £2400 for it. I know you can get it for less but I had my reasons for paying this much.

On my 36FS70 the resolution was doubled vertically and horizontally for 50Mhz and doubled only vertically for 100Mhz. However on the NX200 I haven't been able to figure out whether the same rules apply. The NX200 does have an additional mode which I think is straight forward 100Mhz without resolution enhancements.

6. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Stuff MD

Connect to your AV receiver rather than the stereo leads.

Then to MD from the receiver.

The quality will be a lot better as Sony TV sound out is a bit messed uo by cheap components

7. mattheu

mattheu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought the picture processing was the same for both TVs ? Does the 200 have 120DRC?
    The 200 looks nicer ( from pics) but the 76 has grown on me and is not as wide and that had to be a consideration where my TV sits.

8. MackemX

MackemX
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the NX200 has DRC1250/100/5, NX200only has 100/50 but apparently the 1250 doesn't work at 100Hz

from a Sony site
    DRC1250 doubles both the horizontal and vertical density in real-time. Using twice the interlaced scanning lines and twice the horizontal pixels, it produces superior picture quality in which visible scanning lines are significantly minimized.
    DRC100 uses a field-doubling technology (100Hz technology), which results in smooth-moving images and stable, flicker-free still images.
    DRC Progressive is another option ideal for still image viewing. DRC Progressive not only eliminates line-flicker but also provides increased clarity for displaying text and subtitles, which require finer detailing.

So I guess I'm going for FS76 for now till HDTV & Blue Laser DVD discs hit the UK mainstream